Motorcycle Garage | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Garage

That's what I'm thinking. If you want to put it in a typical driveway/parking spot where a conventional shed doesn't work well (especially if you need the spot available at times for bigger vehicles). A cloth shed in a permanent installation makes very little sense.
Agreed, should also add another assumption, they are intended for only parking your motorcycle to keep it out of the elements are dusty underground garage environments, not for maintenance and only slightly more security.

OP, if you're still looking for something like that, this 6x12 is on sale for $134 at Home Depot with free shipping:

p_1000781026_alt_1000781026_Alt1.jpg

I have a customer, really cool guy in his mid 70s, with a pair of 1970s Nortons he keeps in his backyard exposed to the elements. It's a small yard and a tight squeeze back there.

$1,500 seems ridiculous when you can get those fabric flippy covers for $310 USD. I've recommended he buy a couple of these: Water-Repellent Flip-Over Motorcycle Tent

MTS01-S__2.jpg
Another advantage of this setup is you build a 2x8 frame for the bottom and tuck your M/C lift underneath the floor. It has worked well for me for the past 8 years.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sh...ft-peak-style-storage-shed-in-grey/1000781026

what homedepot are you shopping at? $389.99 / each

Shed-in-a-Box 6 ft. x 12 ft. x 8 ft. Peak Style Storage Shed in Grey

• ShelterLogic
  • |
  • Model # 70413
  • |
  • Store SKU # 1000781026

• (61)

Jump To Ratings
Shed-in-a-Box 6 ft. x 12 ft. x 8 ft. Peak Style Storage Shed in Grey

OP, if you're still looking for something like that, this 6x12 is on sale for $134 at Home Depot with free shipping:

p_1000781026_alt_1000781026_Alt1.jpg

Not to bring up the Quebec thing again, but seriously, have a look at what all the Tabernacs are putting up in their driveway and buy the exact same thing. They've been putting up tarp carports in their driveway since before the fur-trapping days...

No word of a lie, in Google Maps, I literally dropped a random pin in Quebec and found this driveway within 5 seconds:

As others pointed out, Ontario building code is now 15 sq.m, which is 161 sq.ft without a permit (call it 160). Not all cities and towns have adopted it or they may place other limits like lot size. 16x10 rounds it out nice, or even 8X20...

The old building code was 10 sq.m, which is 108 sq.ft (technically 107.6....). I would be shocked if any jurisdiction in modern times was actually 100 sq.ft (9.3 sq.m) as we are metric base for regs... 108 sq.ft = 12x9 shed. Many places still use the old code in their current bylaws, will they update in a year or two????

If water is added a building permit is required regardless of size. If electrical is added an ESA notification (aka permit) is required but not a building one.

As others pointed out, Ontario building code is now 15 sq.m, which is 161 sq.ft without a permit (call it 160). Not all cities and towns have adopted it or they may place other limits like lot size. 16x10 rounds it out nice, or even 8X20...

The old building code was 10 sq.m, which is 108 sq.ft (technically 107.6....). I would be shocked if any jurisdiction in modern times was actually 100 sq.ft (9.3 sq.m) as we are metric base for regs... 108 sq.ft = 12x9 shed. Many places still use the old code in their current bylaws, will they update in a year or two????

If water is added a building permit is required regardless of size. If electrical is added an ESA notification (aka permit) is required but not a building one.
As MP found, zoning is probably more likely to get you than building department now. I doubt many municipalities will open up zoning bylaw just to change this. The next regularly scheduled zoning review may pick it up but I wouldn't be surprised if most municipalities leave zoning alone and make you apply for minor variances for 15 sq m sheds.

As MP found, zoning is probably more likely to get you than building department now. I doubt many municipalities will open up zoning bylaw just to change this. The next regularly scheduled zoning review may pick it up but I wouldn't be surprised if most municipalities leave zoning alone and make you apply for minor variances for 15 sq m sheds.
It will also depend eventually on how busy those departments are....

Back
Top Bottom