Motorcycle driver dies on way to hospital after crash along "The Dragon" | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle driver dies on way to hospital after crash along "The Dragon"

Re: Motorcycle driver dies on way to hospital after crash along "The Dragon"

i thought tractor trailers aren't allowed in the dragon???

i thought tractor trailers aren't allowed in the dragon???

There are a ton of signs warning that the upcoming roads are not suitable for large vehicles, but unfortunately most GPSs will calculate the Dragon as the shortest route, and most tractor-trailer drivers will believe their GPS over the posted signage.

Wobbly Cat is down there right now. He mentioned there's been a death...he didn't give the details :( People think the trailers are banned down there...but they aren't. I watched some YT videos on this very thing last week! If you really want to have your blood boil, watch some of the YouTube videos pointing out why (from a motorcyclists view) the trucks should be banned. The comments/arguments from so-called truckers and their supporters are absolutely asinine :angry4:

RIP rider. Isn't there a simple solution to this? On roads where trucks are banned, build an arch at each end they can't pass through? It works for parking lots, it should work for the dragon.

Very sad. May the rider rest in peace.

RIP rider. Isn't there a simple solution to this? On roads where trucks are banned, build an arch at each end they can't pass through? It works for parking lots, it should work for the dragon.

But trucks aren't banned there according to the posts here.

Riders need to research unfamiliar roads. Yes there are trailers on that road. I dont know all the details of the story but checked the speed limit of that road: 30mph. Emergency maneouvers people!

Even if he was only going 30 mph, there are parts of that road that he would still not have had a chance, the curves are tight and blind. Killboy has been calling the truck line dispatchers to try and limit truck traffic, but still some wander down there because the GPS says so. Check the truck pictures on Killboy's site, for those of you that have not ridden the Dragon, you may be surprised at how tight the corners are.

http://tailofthedragon.com/dragon_trucks.html

Last edited:

Riders need to research unfamiliar roads. Yes there are trailers on that road. I dont know all the details of the story but checked the speed limit of that road: 30mph. Emergency maneouvers people!

Emergency maneuver through this (skip to 2:24 or click here)

[video=youtube;ebQP4SgFGgM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebQP4SgFGgM&t=2m24s[/video]

RIP rider and glad Wobbly is well. I didn't know he was there.

How the heck is this even legal ? We all gotta sign a petition!

Emergency maneuver through this

I take it you're complaining about the truck, and not the biker who keeps zipping open his tank bag, fiddling around, eventually pulling out a video camera and trying to video the truck, then putting it away, while also trying to drive?

The easiest and cheapest fix would be to straighten the road and let the trucks take it.

Back
Top Bottom