Motorcycle cup holder?? Why? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle cup holder?? Why?

touring bike with wind protection
can get lots of miles on without stopping for a drink

yep, cruisers guys have them
so do Gold Wind riders

I guess might work for Gold Wing riders on a long trip didn’t think of that.. I was thinking more about the average rider.

Thirty years on touring bikes with full fairings. Never thought it was a good idea. In fact, imho its distracted riding and just plain stupid.

For touring it's a much better solution than getting dehydrated.

All my rides have cupholders.
upo0Pk2Sn_sVFnrmd3DztbD9QrDSirlCFvmqg6J9QSo6zWwX88FYJUtc6N5GKTs58VRxAJ4NWJcuFTyMeAVO8pmRZkq-ySZqAlnKU-haFWfkTH728p3hxt6kI6baDUaH7FLSbh9t4CZS6tRkJwnlrgxLBFFyhhW7MH8BcZweCFAtuv1_JEsnUnRx4fx4sRrGxvEjtQN817Aa1LwON0B9szkMHXJwYe_BVuCilzvCpSweMRYWs6_79WuCMapP7VkmB3aNHwnPgpljuvumUyP7BUor5D8zz2YCeeQYrVQcuAIrIERcBxq7OZQ0y7Wfslm1bAgbGk1qQ5HTUBsvgXL7C67dxlUCjjMPR1vuEACq2pi_WEyI1h24Q5d3t0BeDzjTkvp9sylbXqYeSn5ViXrTv4891eVqPXYVT4fIpzkABksmle2JI3-F8Of8dmNft4oKbcM6T1xbNBViJ77Wgzq0TG-S6IXLDJhedmTEJniF707fhM5LN0D3i2Q7rEPqfC4NmULkc2RWqeC3y4niLdRdB6e_CuddX_KnAaZzP_PZsoLcIsYWsWVK1ScxyhK6i3weVI-YIyohySNmZ0W0TWEMv2M-1_V8nvF3GY_c7JaQ=w1212-h708-no

got dehrydrated once on a long loop through Quebec....never again. If you don't tour tho...not a lot of use ( I don't like bladders for drinking even tho my tank bag has one.)
One reason I wear flip up or 3/4 helmet is so I can drink as I like.
In Australia staying hydrated is vital.

Had one for years. When touring I like to be able to reach the water bottle without stopping, very handy on hot summer days (think July in Utah or Arizona). Also, sometimes I buy a coffee from one place but would like to enjoy it somewhere else.

Last edited:
I have been using one for ten years, handy when commuting and you want fresh cup before going into work. I've stucked a gatorade bottle in there as well when its a humid commute on the DVP after work.

1044692_10152918305820328_1444597738_n.jpg

I don’t use mine for drinking on the go but when stopped it sure beats rummaging around in a bag to get my drink.

I put one on my bike this year -- I love it! You can ride for hours in the heat, it's also nice to have a hot coffee for those chilly early morning runs.

Looking for the right holder for my bike . On the hot long rides killing miles . It`s a great idea to hydrate .

That's brilliant, when I ride to work I always have to wait for someone to make a coffee run because I can't carry it. I'm wondering if someone makes one that will fit on the ram mount.

If I'm going on a long ride, I use a camelbak. For short rides, I don't bother. I personally don't need or want a cupholder, but I could see why some people would (especially if you don't have a full face helmet).

The cupholder the OP posted is pretty fancy looking, but I would be shocked if it wasn't chromed plastic. It would probably do the job, but I hate it when products pretend to be something they're not. I'd take macdocs solution over that anyday (even though it is probably at least 3x the price).

$29 ...have seen for less

Just keep an eye on the screw that holds the RAM mount ball ...likes to work loose.
Other thing too....once a bottle is 1/4 full ...it tends to depart as most bikes ( all of mine ) have upward wind flow at speed. I wish it held a standard liter drink but 750 ml seems the limit ...otherwise it s top heavy.
Once I find one that fits I just refill and use those flavour drops ( I drink more if it's flavoured ). Longer trips I have one in the side bag full to swap out. That gives me 1.5 liter which is okay for normal weather riding.

The day I got into trouble with dehydration started at 9 degrees and was simply a bright clear in N Quebec - Rouyn-Noranda. I didn't think I could get seriously dehydrated riding in mid teen temps. Wrong.

Now I take it seriously
cb500xsmall.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom