Motorcycle Camping Tents | Page 10 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Camping Tents

Ah yes, It was Atmosphere you ordered from, I confused the two. Glad you got it and for a good price, look forward to seeing how you like it!

Figure out where the homeless people are getting their tents. They are apparently almost indestructable.

"Police officers, city workers, and heavy machinery are downtown as they take down the tents.

After a woman stood in front of a bulldozer that was set to take his tent down, . . ."

Above was obviously a tongue in cheek thought and more an indictment on city stupidity than tent construction.

I'm going to get my tent (Ordered by family in MS from Walmart, shipped to them, sat in living room for 4 days, shipped yesterday by FedEx ground and going to take a week to get to me) before some of you guys that ordered ages ago locally are going to get yours. ;)

Edit: I just checked the FedEx tracking, delivery is actually scheduled for Monday now and it's in Toledo OH already.

I've got everything i need at this point, just waiting for the CG to open for tenting, or maybe just do a road trip and do some stealth camping

I've got everything i need at this point, just waiting for the CG to open for tenting, or maybe just do a road trip and do some stealth camping

See earlier comments about enforcement happening by drone.

While riding to and from Lower Faraday road on Tuesday I saw lots of cars parked in pullouts and other crown land access cut offs. I'm sure lots of people are trying the "stealth camping" thing as well...but their cars are giving them away.

I'll be doing the stealth camping anyway. They can send drones and the SWAT team to arrest me, in which case I will make sure to get Covid right after and blame the city for endangering me by putting me close to law enforcement people when I was staying away, alone, minding my own business on legal crown land.

Well, except crown land is well publicized as closed right now to camping.

But whatever floats your boat.

be hard to find something that isn't private were you would be trespassing or crown land.

My Lacordee stuff is starting to arrive. Got one delivery. Waiting on another order. Long wait for this one...staffing must have been an issue.

See earlier comments about enforcement happening by drone.

While riding to and from Lower Faraday road on Tuesday I saw lots of cars parked in pullouts and other crown land access cut offs. I'm sure lots of people are trying the "stealth camping" thing as well...but their cars are giving them away.
Although I've done it with a Goldwing stealth camping is always way easier on a dual sport that allows you to go a bit "deeper".

Last edited:
Finally got the Lacordee stuff ordered in, after almost a month. Everything is in new condition :) - Haven't setup the tent yet as the weather is off, though it has tags and all, and sealed.

My new walmart POS A-Frame is due to deliver tomorrow.

Fingers crossed camping opens up for next weekend. I'll be out there, somewhere.

Finally got the Lacordee stuff ordered in, after almost a month. Everything is in new condition :) - Haven't setup the tent yet as the weather is off, though it has tags and all, and sealed.

my second order is due this week....got a helinox hard top table coming for some lightweight glamping. Also ordered a new hipflask and some plastic wine glasses. I have my priorities straight.

My tent arrived.

The very first time I set it up it took under 60 seconds.

Teardown was about the same.

Heckin awesome.

My tent arrived.

The very first time I set it up it took under 60 seconds.

Teardown was about the same.

Heckin awesome.
If it doesn't have a built in pool when it rains, you're golden.

Literally ANY tent is a good moto-camping tent as long as it packs up small! I have had the same 7x7 "3 man" tent since 1998. I bought it at Walmart on sale and it has survived 20 trips to Ride for Sight as well as several other non-moto camping trips. It is 2 poles and a rain fly so set up/tear down is quick. It rolls up pretty small and fits easily on the passenger seat along with a dry bag with my sleeping bag. I have a cot sized air mattress that again, folds/rolls up super small that was $20 for 2 at Canadian tire. I reapply silicone spray every couple of years and it is dry as a bone inside. I have an even smaller "2 man" tent that I sometimes take. It fits in a kayak too if needs be. It is the same deal. Got it cheap at Walmart. 2 poles and a rain fly. Buying expensive tents design specifically for motorcycle camping seems over kill to me. I've seen the ones where they have a garage to put your bike in over night even! They often pack up a little smaller and a little lighter, but the expense is crazy compared to a small, cheap tent that will do 90% of what the expensive one will do.

Back
Top Bottom