Motorcycle Camping Tents | Page 11 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Camping Tents

So my last shipment with LaCordee arrived this morning in a small package and I was about to go and rage email them about my missing Helinox hard top table when I found it at the bottom of my small, light package. This thing is awesome! I’d never pay full price for it but as a little luxury for motorcycle trips it’s perfect.

My plans for the next little while are ride to somewhere remote, preferably by a lake, set up my nemo reclining chair, set up the Helinox table, get out the jet Boil and have a nice brew while I read a book for a bit. Ride rinse and repeat.

I'm thinking of taking a ride for a few days going up to 129 to chapleau across to wawa and back down 17 to Manitoulin catching the ferry and home

I'm thinking of taking a ride for a few days going up to 129 to chapleau across to wawa and back down 17 to Manitoulin catching the ferry and home

For when? The ferry isn't open to us mortals, unless your travel is deemend essential, and that criteria isn't till June 1st. For the public, or if you don't live on the island, could be well past summer

MS Chi-Cheemaun will therefore begin operating a transportation only service for a limited number of commercial and through travellers beginning on June 1 continuing thru June 30, 2020.

i thought this means you can take the ferry if you're traveling and not staying on the island?

MS Chi-Cheemaun will therefore begin operating a transportation only service for a limited number of commercial and through travellers beginning on June 1 continuing thru June 30, 2020.

i thought this means you can take the ferry if you're traveling and not staying on the island?

"MS Chi-Cheemaun to begin ferry service for essential transportation only on June 1, 2020 ...prohibiting operations that are discretionary in nature, such as activities related to tourism and recreation, from operating in Canadian waters until June 30, 2020"

Maybe call and ask, though what I get is no non-essential passengers till at least June 30th. Even then you would be passing through as a recreational activity. I would just ride around tbh, the ferry will be doing pre-covid checks too, and you'll have to wear PPE the whole way, no food or drinks allowed, to purchase or your own either.

"MS Chi-Cheemaun to begin ferry service for essential transportation only on June 1, 2020 ...prohibiting operations that are discretionary in nature, such as activities related to tourism and recreation, from operating in Canadian waters until June 30, 2020"

Maybe call and ask, though what I get is no non-essential passengers till at least June 30th. Even then you would be passing through as a recreational activity. I would just ride around tbh, the ferry will be doing pre-covid checks too, and you'll have to wear PPE the whole way, no food or drinks allowed, to purchase or your own either.

well i guess to make it easy for me to travel i'll just run the 17 back to sudbury, be nice to take the ferry across. it' been a few yrs, last time i was at a bike rally on the island,it was a blast

I did the Ferry last year, was great fun. I wanted to do it this year, though even last year on weekdays, in the summer it was packed, some bikers couldn't get on and had to wait or ride around. I can only imagine the chaos now. Not to mention, if a passenger is found with symptoms on board in a worse case scenario, you will be stuck on that ferry for a while till they figure out logistics or throw you in their own self isolation. Probably unlikely, just food for thought.

Back
Top Bottom