Motorcycle Boots/shoes | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Boots/shoes

Max527

Hey all,

I am having a hard time finding some motorcycle riding shoes/boots. Must you wear foot gear meant for motorcycle riding? Can you wear simply any boots that are protective and comfy?
Anyone wear normal boots from Marks?
Thanks for your input

I wear work boots. The problem can happen with the laces. They can get caught on a shift lever or brake and prevent you from getting your foot down.

I have some with a wire and ratchet setup similar to snowboard boots. Sadly, they've discontinued making them years ago.

Whatever you do. Don't wear running shoes because you can't afford riding boots

Sent from my Redmi 4A using Tapatalk

I wore hiking boots for a long time but the shifter eventually does in the toe
There are lots of motorcycle boots on Kiji.

DL650 is no lightweight and if you intend to take it off pavement then I'd strongly suggest something more substantial.

The ATGATT guys would give me grief for what I wear most of the time.

Moccasin-Knee-High.jpg

Holy! that's a big photo, edited it to be a link instead

Motorcycle specific boots are about the only boot that will offer significant impact protection, I don't like a steel shank boot for riding ymmv.
You really don't need a big lug boot for street, and leather sole is dangerous on pavement don't try it.
Difficult to get a large boot under the toe shift lever on some bikes so things like steel toe can be a problem.

Trials boots work awesome except for being able to get under the lever, way better then MX boots which are like wearing leg casts on both feet.

I would suggest something with stiff ankle protection. Last thing you want is a protected foot facing the wrong direction after a crash.
What's your shoe size? I may have a pair of A* SMX high boots in decent condition if you're interested. I currently use the SMXR1 shoe/boots for daily riding and I wear them all day.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I would suggest something with stiff ankle protection. Last thing you want is a protected foot facing the wrong direction after a crash.
What's your shoe size? I may have a pair of A* SMX high boots in decent condition if you're interested. I currently use the SMXR1 shoe/boots for daily riding and I wear them all day.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk
12-13 hard to find lol

lol large size is not hard to find in a moccasin boot.

Tcx has some nice riding shoes and styles. I bought the street ace last year during Royal's tent sale. Feels solid. Doesn't look or feel bulky. Provides good protection.

Prior to last year, I just wore timberlands. They're ok. Do not offer any ankle protection like all regular boots.

if you really want protection get a proper boot that will stop you ankle from bending in ways its not meant to. anything else is a half measure, on the street I ride in running shoes though, track is a different story

Sometimes you just need to do more window shopping.

I have two pairs of boots, Forma adventure low and Daytona Evo's Both offer great protection and some water resistance. The daytona's are almost like slippers.

Buy cheap, buy twice. You have to spend a few $$ more to get quality.

I have a pair of Harley Davidson Huston for street. I had a HD touring bike last year.
They are similar to a cowboy style mc boot and are very comfortable to walk in when your off the bike.

First time I dropped my adv bike I bruised the top of my foot badly. So
I just bought Forma adventure high at GP bikes last week and they are so comfortable that I will probably just wear them all the time now.
I highly recommend this boot or the low version if your mostly street riding.

12-13 hard to find lol

Yup I hear ya. I have the same problem I am a size 12.
Went to HD and either the style I wanted they didn’t have my size or what they had did not fit well.

Checked out some cowboy boot stores bought something from hurberts outlet. These army boot style. They fit decently but just crap. The laces (which I didn’t want) always come loose. Also the sole is separating from the boot from the heat of the exhaust.

So back looking again.

If you find something I would be interested.

Sent from the moon!

Hey all,

I am having a hard time finding some motorcycle riding shoes/boots. Must you wear foot gear meant for motorcycle riding? Can you wear simply any boots that are protective and comfy?
Thanks for your input
I have 12 year old smx plus that I still use everyday. Yes they are not cheap but they last.

Depends on your style. For street they make lots of low cut boots/casual looking high top sneakers that can also be waterproof. You could also pickup more agressive race type shoes/boots.

Spend some time on revzilla or fortnine.

Watch youtube, plenty of videos showing crashes where peoples sneakers go flying off. Or just imagine the bike falling on your foot with a pair of Nikes on. Consider how they are going to hold up to a slide across the pavement.

Hey all,

Thanks for your input
I wear Wellington style oiled boots from Bass Pro, my favorites for comfort and durability are Wolverines. Tough, waterproof, you can't easily peel them off, and you can walk in them when you get off your bike. Plain old oiled leather repels water beautifully and breathes too so your feet don't get clammy and stinky. You can often get them for under $100.

I prefer these over any specialized riding boots I've owned.

also depends on which bike you ride
and what type of riding you plan on doing

cruisers have large pedals with tons of room
can wear bulky, substantial boots and have no issues

work type boots are poor on a sport bike
especially on the left side
less room and you have to be more active rowing the gears

GP has of course a zillion boots to chose from
but they look to be only in 3 styles

power ranger, skaterboi or sh*tkicker
I don't care for any of them

still using my old Doc Martins