motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links) | Page 9 | GTAMotorcycle.com

motoGP/moto2/moto3 Discussion (no links)

He's going to surpass Rossi on every statistic and record.

If he avoids injury I can see him being a championship favourite for at least the next 2-3 years.

Lorenzo on a Honda could be a challenger.

Vinales could be if Yamaha gets their **** together. Even Rossi could challenge for another title if Yamaha gets their **** together.

Maybe Rins...

Maybe Dovi if he stops making costly mistakes

Maybe some newcomers.

I think he will also. With one exception. I doubt he will be as well regarding or respected as Rossi or others before him. No one will question his talent. But he still has a reputation for being a dirty rider. Alot of people will not forget what he did. Talent wise no question he will be one of the greatest if not the top rider of all time.

If he avoids injury I can see him being a championship favourite for at least the next 2-3 years.

Vinales could be if Yamaha gets their **** together. Even Rossi could challenge for another title if Yamaha gets their **** together.

Maybe Rins...

Maybe some newcomers.

Agreed on 2-3 year prediction; JLO on an HRC will be interesting, but that is Marc's, Team that much is clear. The Honda, not just HRC, boss jumping around like a giddy school girl in Motegi was really fascinating since the Japanese are so stoic in professional arenas. 5 Motogp titles in 6 seasons, and 3 of them won in Motegi; I realistically don't see how JLO will be able to get the team/factory behind unless Marc is out for a season.

Vinales does need a better bike, but more than that he has to get better at demanding bike development that suits him. That may mean stepping on toes, Rossi just seems to take issue with the bike and uses the Media as his outlet as he does with personal rider conflicts. If Mav were to go the factory and start getting more involved with the techs/engineers I can see (and want) him being competitive again. Until then...

Also, add Mir to the equation on a competitive Suzuki in the next 1-2 seasons, and eventually on a HRC or Ducati, and things spice up again. This Marquez domination does nothing for the Sport's appeal if I'm honest. It'll be like Austin, a mere formality with a known outcome.

And, yes: I say that as a 93 fan.

I like how when his shoulder slipped out he got his brother and friend to pop it back in and just went back to celebrating. His body at 25 has taken so much damage already, one wonders about longevity.

Dani is a wreck psychically, and had every reason to tap out these last 2 seasons but saw them through. The 'Marquez style' is really demanding, I hope Marc takes his physio more serious this year now that the title is wrapped up.

I think he will also. With one exception. I doubt he will be as well regarding or respected as Rossi or others before him. No one will question his talent. But he still has a reputation for being a dirty rider. Alot of people will not forget what he did. Talent wise no question he will be one of the greatest if not the top rider of all time.

No, all the greats have been accused of riding/driving dirty at some point in time. Rossi, Schumacher, etc. The stuff Rossi used to pull on Gibernau - Jerez 2005 when he used Sete as a berm on the final corner was just as dirty as MM93 was in Argentina this year.

All will eventually be forgiven because everyone loves a winner.

That may be true Lightcycle. But I'm a huge Rossi fan as well as A fan of the sport. As much as I do respect Marc's talent for riding and dominating. I just don't have as much interest in following him as I do with other riders. Personally I enjoy watching the guys in the middle of the lineup racing for a top 6 finish some times more than I do watching Marc dominate. There are few times I enjoy the battle up front when he's fighting with Dovi on the last few laps.

Maybe I'm in the minority cause I'm still in the Rossi era and dreaming he still has a shot of winning one last title. But I just can't get on the (93) bandwagon....

Maybe Rins...

Maybe some newcomers.

I so wish Stoner hadn’t retired, as I don’t think we’ve seen the best of MM93 yet.

GOAT? Tough to say, would he have beaten Rossi or Stoner in their prime ? He hasn’t got the racecraft or mental game as VR46 had over his competitors, but he is definitely racing more with his head lately.

Hated seeing the shunt happen as it looked violent as hell, also I wanted to see these two fight it out like last year, but I was glad to see the mutual respect from the two riders:

https://www.crash.net/motogp/news/909189/1/zarco-apologises-marquez-racing-accident

Nice one on Yamaha and Mav to get back to winning ways; its been too long since we saw a Yamaha on the top step. I felt Ianone was robbed due to not being able to get pass the Ducatis and probably killed his tires in the process, but damn Bautista was having a horrible weekend up until the race; it seems like he was crashing every session.

Kind of makes you think what he would have done had he been on Petrux's Pramac. First time out on a '18 bike on a track Ducati suffers at... you'd think at least a test role/3rd rider would have been possible. Then again, maybe he can actually take the fight to Rea. I honestly wanted to see Baz get that ride but Bautista really stepped up this weekend.

Hated seeing the shunt happen as it looked violent as hell, also I wanted to see these two fight it out like last year, but I was glad to see the mutual respect from the two riders:

It's easy to be gracious when you've already locked up the title.

That said, MM93 is probably the least whiniest (other than Dovi) of the bunch. Just puts his head down and wins. Don't think I've ever seen him have a VR46-style press tantrum.

Looks like Yamaha has found something, too late for this season of course, but maybe it'll help for next.

Bittersweet day for VR46 - MB loses the Moto3 title to JM; his brother wins the moto2 race; Bagnaia wins the Moto2 championship; VR crashes after leading about 3/4s of the race.

Looks like Yamaha has found something, too late for this season of course, but maybe it'll help for next.

Bittersweet day for VR46 - MB loses the Moto3 title to JM; his brother wins the moto2 race; Bagnaia wins the Moto2 championship; VR crashes after leading about 3/4s of the race.

We were totally robbed of a good fight. It felt like it was going to good one, too. Hope Yamaha get their issues sorted, I still want see Mav and Marc clashing in the front.

not the most exciting race.... and yeah, too bad for VR
MM got in his head and forced an error
if you're into defining moments, looked like one for me
nothing for VR to whine about on that one, he got beat

nice day for the hometown kid....last to 10th

We were totally robbed of a good fight. It felt like it was going to good one, too. Hope Yamaha get their issues sorted, I still want see Mav and Marc clashing in the front.

I rather see VR and MM clashing..but it's not gonna happen Honda still is the favorite next season together with JL and super MM:D

Last edited:
I rather see VR and MM clashing..but it's gonna happen Honda still is the favorite next season together with JL and super MM:D

I cannot wait for this to implode. I think MM will be fine, but JL is going to get prickly.

I cannot wait for this to implode. I think MM will be fine, but JL is going to get prickly.

I agree.. JL already not talking with Dovi...can you imagine next year with MM??!
Two Cockes in the henhouse can NOT stay!

Has Lorenzo ever had a teamate that he got along with? I wonder if all the drama hes going to bring to Honda will create a negative impact on how Marc rides next year. I think its good for our entertainment but a bad decision for Honda. I also think Ducati is on the loosing end of this. Lorenzo is finally coming into his own on the Ducati and would be a serious contender if he stayed for another year or two.

I also think Ducati is on the loosing end of this. Lorenzo is finally coming into his own on the Ducati and would be a serious contender if he stayed for another year or two.

This, Im not a Lorenzo fan but would be nice to see Ducati win a championship. He looked real good on that bike as of late.

Back
Top Bottom