MotoGP 2018 | Page 107 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP 2018

Server is under about 25% total load currently in the middle of the Moto2 race! 82 viewers on the live stream pulling 234mbps out of my upload bandwidth (out of approx 1000mbps)! So looks like I could handle a bit over 300 viewers if it was the same ratio between 1080p/720p/360p.

jwogVK.png

And look at that data usage, 1.88TB streamed over just the last 4 days! Nuts :)

1.88TB! That's remarkable, JC; from what I saw Live on the 720p stream this weekend it held up fine, 1080p was always iffy for me for some reason, even on the old server, and never worked too well also to be honest Dorna's '1080p' is barely noticeably on a large 4k screen. And entirely negligible on a laptop which is how I used to often watched. Does it specify how many users are on each individual stream?

For anyone wanting to just watch on a replay and help JC save bandwidth for LIVE streaming drop me or Akeka a line for the G-Drive links. All work done by Akeka as he spearheaded the re-up all on his own. I've been looking for BT sports/DAZN sources if anyone has it, please PM me.

Does it specify how many users are on each individual stream?
The total bandwidth for the whole weekend was 3.32 TB! :) I was worried about how much CPU usage the server would be under with lots of streaming going on. It looks like I have some spare CPU to install some software that will show me (us) live how many users are on what streams, where they are located, and total bandwidth per stream.

I've been looking for BT sports/DAZN sources if anyone has it, please PM me.
https:// the pirate bay . org/search.php?q=user:smcgill1969

The BT sports videos are amazing, lots more in depth of the Zarco race issues and showing exactly why everyone was crashing at turn 13!

Last edited:
MotoGP Round 04 - myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich - Red Bull Ring - AUSTRIA - 14 Aug - 16 Aug
Pre-Event Press Conference is now LIVE STREAMING in 1080p50, 720p50 and 360p50HQ!

Server timestamp: 00:00

And I have a HTML5 player up on the server! Should work on all computers and mobile devices!

To test you can use these links:

For MotoGP 1080p: server . com/Live
For MotoGP 720p: server . com/Live720
For MotoGP 360p: server . com/Live360

For WSBK 1080p: server . com/LiveWSBK
For WSBK 720p: server . com/LiveWSBK720
For WSBK 360p: server . com/LiveWSBK360

To make it full screen on mobile devices you should be able to quickly double tap on the player window (if the full screen button is small/hard to click).

Let me know any issues.

Enjoy!

awesome!

HTML5 working on my preferred browser - Opera
Awesome! I tested Opera and Chrome, and looks like Opera plays the 1080p50 quite a bit smoother than chrome, but I did have 58 other tabs open in chrome but zero others in Opera. Still nice. Thanks for testing.

MotoGP Round 04 - myWorld Motorrad Grand Prix von Österreich - Red Bull Ring - AUSTRIA - 14 Aug - 16 Aug
Free Practice One (FP1) is now LIVE STREAMING in 1080p50, 720p50 and 360p50HQ!

Server timestamp: 00:58

There will be no further announcements today.

As always, enjoy!

H

As always, enjoy!
Hi Johncruiser.
I've experienced that the existing links are accessible but the links (even the 360 link) are often buffered. Does it have anything to do with Johncruiser's server in Montreal, while I live in Southeast Asia? Correct me if I am wrong.

i had no issues with the 1080p stream during the race and i'm "on the other side of the pond" as well.

but i seem to have buffering issues here at the office.
i've noticed it before and i'm not sure where the problem is, because the speedtest shows it should be sufficient. slower than at home but nonetheless.

the native-hls player buffers about 7.5mb before playback starts, then waits quite a while before i continues to buffer the next .ts.
but it takes almost 2 minutes to finish such a 7.5mb packet, so the buffer runs dry.
the html5 player buffers up to 20mb even and it takes ages 'til that is done.

it's weird, because the office-connection should be sufficient.

when i test via the 4g-data on my smartphone it loads quite fast though. no problems there.
so i guess the server is quite capable, it's just something off with the office connection.
hmm...

well, i should be working anyways ?

I've experienced that the existing links are accessible but the links (even the 360 link) are often buffered. Does it have anything to do with Johncruiser's server in Montreal, while I live in Southeast Asia? Correct me if I am wrong.
The internet is a pretty weird place. Between you and me there are some fast undersea cables, some slow (congested) undersea cables, and some broken undersea cables. Depending on what route your ISP takes to my server, which is usually fixed (not random), it might be over one of the slow or broken cables. This isn't easy to fix, only by me moving the server (or getting another one) or you switching ISP's (but there's no guarantee your new ISP will take a different route).

when i test via the 4g-data on my smartphone it loads quite fast though. no problems there.
so i guess the server is quite capable, it's just something off with the office connection.
hmm...

well, i should be working anyways ?
LOL! Crazy. I'm not sure how easy it is to do a tracert on a mobile phone but on your office PC it could tell you where the problem is out there on the internet.

It looks like the new server/provider isn't providing as good of a connection to my overseas customers as I had hoped. I'll keep an eye out for a deal on an overseas server (the deal for the UK one fell through) and let you guys know.

As always, enjoy!

Hey John,
thanx for the kickass job.
I tested the player and works great too, only weird thing is, the progress bar at the bottom never goes away when in full screen.
No big deal, but, it may be on my end, i'm using Safari on a Mac.
?

...i had not these stoppings with the old server...i mean before all these changes...
...thnx for all your efforts anyway !
...you 're really one of a kind !

hi,

I've been also having issues with the new server. even at non peak times, like right now. It stops once every couple of minutes or so which wasn't there before.

html 5 has been no luck. Similar situation. I wish that when I pause the player, it buffered some minutes so it would go smooth. I guess it has to do with my connection to the server which isn't great now

Anyway, thank you John! for great efforts.

Attachments

• Image 1.jpg
    Image 1.jpg
    212.4 KB · Views: 19
Free Practice Three (FP3) is now LIVE STREAMING in 1080p50, 720p50 and 360p50HQ!

Server timestamp: 08:00

I will try and make an announcement at the start of FP4.

For the people experiencing slow speeds on montrealSSD (Toronto) server I am looking at getting a secondary server overseas that should help people on the other side of the pond (not sure how much it'll help Mexico but we'll see).

As always, enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom