MotoGP™: Unlimited | Page 4 | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoGP™: Unlimited

My view on a few people has changed. I like Aleix and Lin Jarvis more, and Maverick less.
Huh, I had the opposite reaction to the whole Vinales/Jarvis dynamic, thinking Lin came off as a cold manager, saying one thing and doing another, while Vinales was a hothead who simply couldn't take the relentless undermining in the Yamaha box and just wanted out. While his tactics weren't especially professional, I at least understood his motivations better. He was clearly begging to be released a few rounds before, but Yamaha wouldn't let him go because they wanted the constructors championship. I actually thought Jarvis was one of the few who participated who actually appeared worse for having been on the show, though perhaps I was in confirmation bias mode knowing how many in the paddock dislike him. And seeing how SRT struggled with Yamaha taking from them without discussion only added to that...

Huh, I had the opposite reaction to the whole Vinales/Jarvis dynamic, thinking Lin came off as a cold manager, saying one thing and doing another, while Vinales was a hothead who simply couldn't take the relentless undermining in the Yamaha box and just wanted out. While his tactics weren't especially professional, I at least understood his motivations better. He was clearly begging to be released a few rounds before, but Yamaha wouldn't let him go because they wanted the constructors championship. I actually thought Jarvis was one of the few who participated who actually appeared worse for having been on the show, though perhaps I was in confirmation bias mode knowing how many in the paddock dislike him. And seeing how SRT struggled with Yamaha taking from them without discussion only added to that...
Jarvis wasn’t cold at all imo. For one example, he was rather decent in response to Vinales accusing him of stalling the bike on the grid on purpose. Mav whining about his bike being different and all horrible and Jarvis politely telling him it’s the same bike that his teammate has (and is winning on).

I wonder if Zarco opted out. He doesn't seem to enjoy the interviews and press conferences very much, maybe he just didn't want to be involved in the production as some others. Seems to me that Aleix, Pol, Jack, Jorge and Maverick actually enjoy the attention, while others Pecco, Joan, Alex, etc are willing participants for the exposure. My view on riders hasn't changed all that much - the interviews and press conferences generally reveal a lot about their personalities already. It was cool to get to know the men and women behind the riders a little more - within the teams and at home. Aleix's relationship with his team is awesome and inspiring, with his kids - really cute. Pecco's family dynamic, Jorge's dad, Maverick's wife, etc...

Back
Top Bottom