MotoE fire in Jerez | GTAMotorcycle.com

MotoE fire in Jerez

That sucks! Electric power is sadly still in R&D stages...but ppl dont want to admit it...

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

If I was an oil company, right about now I would be promoting fossil fuel as the cleaner safer more environmentally friendly alternative, lithium batteries are turning out to be a disaster waiting to happen. Very sad.

If I was an oil company, right about now I would be promoting fossil fuel as the cleaner safer more environmentally friendly alternative, lithium batteries are turning out to be a disaster waiting to happen. Very sad.

Sounds like a very scientific and well researched opinion.

Was at Jerez on the 17th and could still smell the fire. Looks like it was possibly a temporary structure. It's in an odd location right outside of the museum in the parking lot. Maybe they didn't use a large enough gauge extension cord to run the power to the building :| Electric bikes have come so far in recent years and it's crappy to see this happen. Formula 1....motogp....pikes peak....all have competitive electric vehicles. Can't believe folks who are still saying this ain't the future.....ahhh well. Some still say the earth is flat.

Maybe this one is the future, but it's a shame it involves a highly reactive flammable agent in an expensive incendiary package that is proving prone to spontaneous combustion, and it sucks that you can't really put a lithium fire out with water :/ that's inconvenient from a safety standpoint.

... I hope I never smell a lithium battery fire seeing as lithium hydroxide is a toxic nasty.

Last edited:
Maybe this one is the future, but it's a shame it involves a highly reactive flammable agent in an expensive incendiary package that is proving prone to spontaneous combustion, and it sucks that you can't really put a lithium fire out with water :/ that's inconvenient from a safety standpoint.

... I hope I never smell a lithium battery fire seeing as lithium hydroxide is a toxic nasty.
Can't put 1203 out with water either.....and it's highly flammable......and a known carcinogen....and is changing atmospheric conditions and resulting in trillions of dollars in property damage and loss of life as a result of climate change....other than that we can make bikes go really fast with it.

Back
Top Bottom