Moto America jumps the shark | GTAMotorcycle.com

Moto America jumps the shark

1st Gagne, 2nd Beaubier and 3rd Herrin for the trifecta.
What are the odds?

This tread should be sticky. Race fans in the know sharing information to place bets on the gambling website.

It could potentially bring in new fans and I'm sure MA is getting money out of it. So it's an outside the industry source of income/advertising. With Alcohol and tobacco advertising eliminated, gambling is the new SIN source of income for sports.

The economics of professional motorsports never really made sense to me until I stumbled across suggestions that it's a great place for large corporations to dump money to get tax writeoffs, and for organized crime to launder money. The whole point of those activities is to spend as much money as possible.

For example, Leopard energy drinks (Moto3 Leopard Racing) appear to have only ever produced a handful of promotional samples of their drink. It's not even ironic that the "Buy Now" link on their site redirects to an expired domain name which is filled with advertisements for online betting. I don't follow F1, but more has been written insinuating that Rich Energy was doing basically the same thing on a bigger stage.

I'm going to bet that all of this also applies to all of the crypto-currency sponsors, but anything related to crypto is pretty easy to categorize as a scam from top to bottom.

Back
Top Bottom