More ducati stupidity. | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

More ducati stupidity.

Looking for a bike that can go most places, inexpensive to own and maintain and can be worked on anywhere in the world....have enough power to keep up on major freeways loaded with a weeks worth of luggage. RTW retirement ride.

Looking for a bike that can go most places, inexpensive to own and maintain and can be worked on anywhere in the world....have enough power to keep up on major freeways loaded with a weeks worth of luggage. RTW retirement ride.

For me that would be a small pickup truck with a trials bike plus a sportbike in the back, but I like to camp and cook my own food and carry water lots of riding gear etc. ..... my dog too.

That's the other choice. Have a converted van into a camper with a "garage" for the small run around bike. Not as cheap to ship out of NA though.

I don't know about the first point, but on the second... try going to Rennlist or Ferrarichat and you'll quickly discover that rich people do in fact rant...

Haahaa...sorry. Rich ones sure do rant but I meant for mere 34K for a super bike.....for a guy who makes 500K a year...nope. Might rant about a wife buying 34k handbag......lol.

You do know that we have canadian superbike racing. The bikes running at the front are worth well above $50,000. Not everyone rides to tims.
Some Canadian Superbike racers don't ride street motorcycles.

OP seems to be more daft and out of touch with what things cost than Ducati's CEO.

toys cost money, nice toys cost even more money, luxury toys cost even more money than nice toys so if you can get a luxury toy for about the same price as a nice toy its fair to call it "accessible" especially if you cant even get a mini van for that price

Kids make a HUGE difference. My neighbors would come over when I buy a new sports car or a new bike and think I make lots of money. I would say, "you have 2 or 3 kids, I have never bought diapers, kids shoes, or a happy meal in my life"
If you have 2 or 3 kids, you could have bought a Ferrari or two for what you have spent on them in even ten years.
Of course when I am buying diapers for myself, I will be sitting alone in them, my kids won't be coming to visit me. lol

People keep misinterpreting, not saying its not a great bike, with tons of bells and whistles, I just dont like the marketing spin of labeling a bike that costs 40k OTD "accessible"

A private jet is also "accessible" to jeff bezos.

If you have 2 or 3 kids, you could have bought a Ferrari or two for what you have spent on them in even ten years.
Of course when I am buying diapers for myself, I will be sitting alone in them, my kids won't be coming to visit me. lol

Even if you have kids, there's no guarantee that they'll come to visit you when you're chitting your diapers in your old age.

Ferrari > Kids anyday. But that's just me.

This whole thing reminds me of going to hear a fairly reknown paddler talk about running some Ontario rivers, during the spring runoff when the water was white but a bit safer since the rocks were submerged. Rapids are rated on a class 1 thru 5, 1 being fast ripples and 5 well you might die.
Some jamoch kept badgering the speaker about a section of the Madawaska... would he rate that a 1/5 , where did that one scale. Finally the speaker says , dude have you run it? guy says yeah. Well what happened?? We fell out of the boat. Well thats a 5 for you then isn't it??

People keep misinterpreting, not saying its not a great bike, with tons of bells and whistles, I just dont like the marketing spin of labeling a bike that costs 40k OTD "accessible"

A private jet is also "accessible" to jeff bezos.

But it is accessible. I want lots of people to buy them. I will buy one used one down the road, so more the merrier...oh, yeah.

Every time we have a Ducati thread, it's the same thing. A lot of uninformed bashing and some appreciation for the engineering and design.
I bought my first Ducati 17 years ago from Terminal Velocity in Port Perry, having never put a leg over one. It was a 50th b'day present from my wife. All i knew about them was what i read from Hunter S Thompson's "song of the sausage creature".
I brought it home in February, so my first ride took a while. Initial impression was....WTF!
Ducatis are sleek and sexy, but that thing was violent, with weird noises from down there that sounded like a ****** off chewbacca. The mirrors shook so bad between 3k and 4k that there really was no point to them. Having ridden lots of Honda fours,i quickly realized the biggest difference was that i didn't have to row up and down the gearbox all day.
HST said that he would rather be shot out of a canon. That's what that Duc did for me. And what my latest Duc does. They stir up all the senses.
Each to their own i always say. I don't mind the haters. It keeps Ducati exclusive and brings a little attention to the brand. Is that a bit snobby? Maybe. Do í care? No.
Life is a one time thing. There are no practice rounds.
Cheers and happy new year.

Every time we have a Ducati thread, it's the same thing. A lot of uninformed bashing and some appreciation for the engineering and design.
I bought my first Ducati 17 years ago from Terminal Velocity in Port Perry, having never put a leg over one. It was a 50th b'day present from my wife. All i knew about them was what i read from Hunter S Thompson's "song of the sausage creature".
I brought it home in February, so my first ride took a while. Initial impression was....WTF!
Ducatis are sleek and sexy, but that thing was violent, with weird noises from down there that sounded like a ****** off chewbacca. The mirrors shook so bad between 3k and 4k that there really was no point to them. Having ridden lots of Honda fours,i quickly realized the biggest difference was that i didn't have to row up and down the gearbox all day.
HST said that he would rather be shot out of a canon. That's what that Duc did for me. And what my latest Duc does. They stir up all the senses.
Each to their own i always say. I don't mind the haters. It keeps Ducati exclusive and brings a little attention to the brand. Is that a bit snobby? Maybe. Do í care? No.
Life is a one time thing. There are no practice rounds.
Cheers and happy new year.

Happy new years to you as well

One day I might buy a monster
or perhaps a hypermotard

Back
Top Bottom