Mixing brake parts | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mixing brake parts

ruffriders

Hey all, working on a cafe and curious if this will work.
Will have a f4i rear wheel with Honda rotor and caliper. Want to use a gsxr master because I have ordered Cognito Moto rearsets and its milled for the gsxr bracket
Will a Suzuki master work with a Honda caliper

As long as the master moves enough liquid and generates enough pressure to apply the caliper correctly, brands don't matter. Pressure is pressure.

But don't put something like a Grom master cylinder on a set of dual 3 piston callipers and expect that to work well.

I'd be very careful with this
flow and pressure and mechanical advantage of the lever need to be similar
or you're gonna have some problems
in area where it's not good to have problems

Are they off the same or similar sized brake, yes they will brake ! Effectiveness is yet to be determined,
you are changing the length of the peddle too, yes? Do it and test it, maybe it will be awesome.

... and for !@#$ sake put some fenders on that thing.

Is that a single piston brake? ... that's not much of a brake :|

You want to maintain the ratio of piston size in the master, to piston size in the caliper...Front Master Cylinder Ratio Chart

The master will have the size of the piston stamped on the side, probably a 12mm for a single piston caliper, 14mm for a double.
Honda and Suzuki don't make brakes, you have Nissan or Tokico brakes, and you can interchange parts, seals and pistons, between the two manufacturers. The fluid won't know the difference.

For the record, OEMs don't always nail down the ratio exactly. Example - the GS500 and SV650 have the same master cylinder and calipers, except the SV650 has two calipers instead of one.

Back
Top Bottom