Mission King of the Baggers | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mission King of the Baggers

Are you going to take your bagger to track days? I thought this was going to be a thread about having John Sharrard try to turn your new bagger into something that tries to keep up with the XR.

What are you thinking on picking up for the next bike
HD or Indian.

Started off with the bat wings but I think I’m gonna opt for the fixed fairing, pending a road test.

So Road Glide or Challenger.

The Indian seems like more value for the money but I’ve heard fit and finish is sub par to HD and the dealer network looks abysmal, especially for touring.

HD or Indian.

Started off with the bat wings but I think I’m gonna opt for the fixed fairing, pending a road test.

The Indian seems like more value for the money but I’ve heard fit and finish is sub par to HD and the dealer network looks abysmal, especially for touring.
Nooo not the Road Glide!!! (so ugly, so ugly, so ugly :ROFLMAO: )

I caught wind recently there are other independent dealers who will service Indian's, I believe there is a BMW dealer out west Ont someplace who works on them. I guess any moto shop can work on bikes but there was something more specific about this.

Nooo not the Road Glide!!! (so ugly, so ugly, so ugly :ROFLMAO: )

I caught wind recently there are other independent dealers who will service Indian's, I believe there is a BMW dealer out west Ont someplace who works on them. I guess any moto shop can work on bikes but there was something more specific about this.
Not too concerned about a shop to do the work per say. But supply chain is a question mark for me.

Not too concerned about a shop to do the work per say. But supply chain is a question mark for me.
Well just FYI in terms of supply chain. Over the past year or so it's been a little weird with getting parts from HD. Normally they always have stuff in stock at the dealers. Now it's always a check on supply. I always call in now because they have to order most things. Even brake pads. Also there is no warehouse in Canada anymore and everything comes from the USA, usually about 4 days so it's quick enough. Unless they are busier then then normal on parts, but something is different.

HD or Indian.

Tried the street glide the bike felt like it was pushing the front end in corners . Any HD product will need suspension upgrade . HD dealers are great when you are on the road . One pulled a wheel off a new to bike to get a buddy on his way .

Well just FYI in terms of supply chain. Over the past year or so it's been a little weird with getting parts from HD. Normally they always have stuff in stock at the dealers. Now it's always a check on supply. I always call in now because they have to order most things. Even brake pads. Also there is no warehouse in Canada anymore and everything comes from the USA, usually about 4 days so it's quick enough. Unless they are busier then then normal on parts, but something is different.
Yeah since September it’s been getting bad/worse.

If you are doing the work yourself HD has allot more online help on youtube, facebook etc. Any task that you need to perform is going to likely have multiple videos of different people doing the same thing on an identical bike. Also, the facebook groups are massive. I was on a ride last year and heard a weird vibration coming from the front end. Pulled over, posted the question on facebook and in the time it took me to take a piss I had over a dozen people tell me to check the front gas tank bolt.

If you are doing the work yourself HD has allot more online help on youtube, facebook etc. Any task that you need to perform is going to likely have multiple videos of different people doing the same thing on an identical bike. Also, the facebook groups are massive. I was on a ride last year and heard a weird vibration coming from the front end. Pulled over, posted the question on facebook and in the time it took me to take a piss I had over a dozen people tell me to check the front gas tank bolt.
The Indian seems far more bang for your buck. That means a lot to me, going to be a tough decision. At least until I can ride both.

I'm interested in your thoughts @Evoex after you had a chance to ride both.

The Indian seems far more bang for your buck. That means a lot to me, going to be a tough decision. At least until I can ride both.
Is it just the two in contention?

2017-mguzzi-mgx-5_800x0.webp

Back
Top Bottom