Missing riding .... :-( | GTAMotorcycle.com

Missing riding .... :-(

MacDoc

Site Supporter
Usually would be heading to Australia to get my fix but while I'm looking forward to Patagonia and autumn weather there next month, does not get me on two wheels. -19 on Friday .... ?

SyoxXSF-z97-OjXsLTnkZPpNWXgDqDSsZXrNs77-M7PacrBIkks4drTJy5oB9bsQUKmVFjkU7MA-CGJUdey9f2gxyYMwgZnEAb-caLVkfV83I9as1bHmeRoIKLYs7RYGh0usUcdcoTRu0n2n-nVnibv2hP6566T89ZFn1eJ-IOJqV7idBQzVB1qIL0DDiTTBdbjPKhXZIxAwOIeg0IGRDxO9BZiLSghVrYs2fExQaypFAXCNuR59JaUY-EnUHNNAPBD6qeqhLgZToqMh3jG5zsTEaxLneKAY3vDYWkwXOzFx09LONcIgBwt_Z_MIVP4shJe4p5Enzu_MRE-5z2Oq6cWzN99jPAjyicOE8Kq-v06Qs3B3rsdPtV2RxTyuymj3x8lQ73EvLSTOZJG9brsybBehSAWcLZmt6yuBF06kb6vHl5VrDCDM7tRoqbPkH9ANu72bxp3uWJv6De_0HVJBI-Mb6mE9KrbBpl9967CvrVQdXNslu0tM1jxFrRG5D--CRkiUPAdicVIWp-to0Uhr8ybgtkMSojDoSayuKyP8hFms1qv-RTKomU8TC4RMw9vo2jwPD8gElcMCIJ8jkPsuOo0aD5-HDu18QsQMjlO1Cf1Uui7EzWZc1qLS2hjQbYaJRjJ7HMB3B3JaS7s-JV_Nhl-ONioanTL5s4ihrqfxtnnrs18P-R5UCho=w1224-h448-no

watch Itchy Boots on YouTube...she's currently doing season 2 and on her Himalayan is going from Patagonia to Alaska...she shipped her bike to Buenos Aires, rode down the east coast to Ushaia and is now making her way up the west coast...her latest is episode 50 (or 51)...she's amazing and the scenery, people etc. are AMAZING...enjoy your trip there :D

watch Itchy Boots on YouTube...she's currently doing season 2 and on her Himalayan is going from Patagonia to Alaska...she shipped her bike to Buenos Aires, rode down the east coast to Ushaia and is now making her way up the west coast...her latest is episode 50 (or 51)...she's amazing and the scenery, people etc. are AMAZING...enjoy your trip there :D

Thanks this is great stuff. Just when I think I've seen every motorcycle channel worth watching there is another!!!

@KWDRZ you're more than welcome...I've also watched On Her Bike and Toll Free Traveller...OHB is Kinga from Australia doing a RTW trip on her BMW and TFT is a guy (forget his name) from Mumbai who recently did the ride to Mount Everest base camp on a Himalayan...both really good channels...

The wife and I watch her all the time. Great stuff for the off season.

would be interested to hear how she deals with the Darien Gap
I'm not sure you can ride the Darien gap on a motorcycle -- the few stories I have read are a combination of canoes, tiny bits of riding behind a crew of men brush cutting for you, zip lines over creeks and rivers, boat travel, and hired labor crews that carry bikes like pallbearers through swamps and mud bogs.

Reactions: J_F
Thanks for the youtube tip ... (y) Helps scratch that itch. I'm thinking of a short rental in Puerto Natales but might get frowns from partner. :unsure:

•••

I don't think the Darien Gap is rideable ....seems there was a neat article on a two wheel drive mc attempting it.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
me too, is so tempting,
very hard to not take the stud bike out but my knee is recovering nicely and I don't want to risk it.

Speaking of which does anybody have a recommendation for a real good athletic knee brace?
Something between Iron Man and Forrest Gump would be nice.

me too, is so tempting,
very hard to not take the stud bike out but my knee is recovering nicely and I don't want to risk it.

Speaking of which does anybody have a recommendation for a real good athletic knee brace?

What was the nature of your injury/surgery?
Between my relatives and I, we probably have 3-4 braces for post-acl surgery up for grabs. (in York Region)
Looks similar to this: DonJoy X-Act ROM Knee - OrthoMed Canada

me too, is so tempting,

Knee braces are typically designed and built to fit the user and their intended use. Find a sports injury clinic and tell them you want it to play hockey. I have found the techs that specialize in hockey players are the Best bracemakers. If you need the brace for more than 6 months, OHIP will pay 75%.

yeah I've seen the details on the attempt to get 4 KLR's across
burned the clutch out of all 4, one was abandoned in the jungle
looked like very little riding was done
bikes were manhandled through the swamp by a team of hired hands

- there was a car ferry for awhile - looks like it's ceased operations

- flying is the only quick option - big $$ - and if you're doing this trip - why be in a hurry

- lots of private boat owners that will take your money and maybe your bike gets there

- shipping container is the cheapest, but could take weeks

-this is probably the best option:
the
Stahlratte, 110 year schooner
you and your bike, 3 days for $1,200 USD
roughly about the same $ as flying you and your bike
but this would be a very memorable part of the journey

SOtvgTb.jpg

Last edited:
-this is probably the best option:
the
Stahlratte, 110 year schooner
you and your bike, 3 days for $1,200 USD
roughly about the same $ as flying you and your bike
but this would be a very memorable part of the journey

We took the Stahlratte across the Darien Gap. Was an amazing experience.

Spent some time in the San Blas islands wth the Kuna Yala people.

DSC_0012-L.jpg

DSC_3468-L.jpg

What was the nature of your injury/surgery?
Between my relatives and I, we probably have 3-4 braces for post-acl surgery up for grabs. (in York Region)
Looks similar to this: DonJoy X-Act ROM Knee - OrthoMed Canada
Over rotated the left knee in a counter-clockwise fashion after being impacted and pinned by something resembling a 160 pound motorcycle frame,
stretched groin and bruised ass too but I would be happy just to address the old knee :| would prefer to avoid the surgery part.

Nice boat, but put the sails up. wait lol on second look its a scow

Seems like at the MX track the go to off the shelf braces are Astericks, Mobius and POD. I don't wear braces so won't comment on pro cons etc. There is also a guy who is a sports therapists and rides MX at a high level but he is around Hamilton, anyways he sells custom CTI braces I believe. If you would travel out here let me know and I'll try to get some contact info.

Over rotated the left knee in a counter-clockwise fashion after being impacted and pinned by something resembling a 160 pound motorcycle frame,
stretched groin and bruised ass too but I would be happy just to address the old knee :| would prefer to avoid the surgery part.

Nice boat, but put the sails up. wait lol on second look its a scow
Personally, I'd look for a football brace over a hockey one.

Long ago the only one with a decent brace was Joe Willy, I'm sure they've come a long way from there.

Back
Top Bottom