Missing a court date? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Missing a court date?

wearelopey

So if someone were to miss their court date, what would happen?

In other words, if someone were to intentionally miss their date, expecting a guilty plea be put in anyways, how would someone go about paying the fine?

Will there be late penalties? Will they recieve the notice of conviction in the mail? Would they have to go to the court office anyways to pay?

I just want to make sure that someone wouldn't have unpaid fines the second they don't show up to court (aka late fees, failure to pay a fine etc)

any and all info welcome!

So if someone were to miss their court date, what would happen?

In other words, if someone were to intentionally miss their date, expecting a guilty plea be put in anyways, how would someone go about paying the fine?

Will there be late penalties? Will they recieve the notice of conviction in the mail? Would they have to go to the court office anyways to pay?

I just want to make sure that someone wouldn't have unpaid fines the second they don't show up to court (aka late fees, failure to pay a fine etc)

any and all info welcome!

You will receive notification of the verdict and fine, if your licensing address information is correct. If not, or if you don't receive notification, then you'll find out when you try to renew your plate/license.

As someone who has been subject of a subpoena to testify in such a case I can tell you that it greatly annoys everyone who has to put their lives aside, for someone who doesn't show up.

What's about if someone were to miss their court date, because not received the trail date notification?

What's about if someone were to miss their court date, because not received the trail date notification?

Then you petition to reopen, stating that you didn't receive notification of trial. This requires making and signing a sworn statement.

Back
Top Bottom