Milton - Vancouver on R6 - July 2012 | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Milton - Vancouver on R6 - July 2012

One month to go! I'm pretty much ready. I'm taking the R6 to "Ace Moto Tech" for a tune up and new tires (Michelin Pilot Road 3) this sunday.

Can't wait to head west!
How did you get your tires there? Bring them in the car and then drive the bike after, or strap them to the bike?

Had my dad follow me there with the tires in the car.
Nice, I'm gonna have to think something up lol. Maybe I can stick my body through them lol (so far it's all I've though of)

Got the '6 back today after pre trip service.

Valve Adjustment
Carb Sync
Steel Braided Front Brake Lines
Pilot Road 3's
Oxford Heated Grips.

Braided Front Brake Lines by gjones4487, on Flickr

New Tires - Michelin Pilot Road 3s by gjones4487, on Flickr

Oxford Heated Grips by gjones4487, on Flickr

I also installed a new Tail Light that has the signals integrated. People were saying that they could not see my rear signals during the day and they were impossible to see when I had my Bags on. Safety first ... must be seen.

Cheers,
Geoff

Nice upgrades to the bike G. I've heard good things about the pilot's. Safety first is very good way of thinking. Especially for such a long trip.

Got the '6 back today after pre trip service.

Valve Adjustment
Carb Sync
Steel Braided Front Brake Lines
Pilot Road 3's
Oxford Heated Grips.

Braided Front Brake Lines by gjones4487, on Flickr

New Tires - Michelin Pilot Road 3s by gjones4487, on Flickr

Oxford Heated Grips by gjones4487, on Flickr

I also installed a new Tail Light that has the signals integrated. People were saying that they could not see my rear signals during the day and they were impossible to see when I had my Bags on. Safety first ... must be seen.

Cheers,
Geoff

would you hurry up and leave so we can start reading about it and checking out your pictures!!!!

hehehe have a good trip dude :thumbright:

I really hope you don't need those heated grips in July haha.

I really hope you don't need those heated grips in July haha.

You and me both, but in some of the mountains I will be going through are known to have snow in the middle of the summer. better safe than sorry :p

Good stuff, having done this trip last year, look forward to your take on it.

I may have missed it, but it does'nt look like you're riding #93 btwn Banff & Jasper, a great run.

gj - understand your concern on backpack - rode kids 650sv today and the pack hurt my shoulders ( good pack but pretty heavy ) when I was in SS riding position - surprised me.

gj - understand your concern on backpack - rode kids 650sv today and the pack hurt my shoulders ( good pack but pretty heavy ) when I was in SS riding position - surprised me.

On my Florida trip I specifically didn't take a backpack. And I was so glad that I didn't; you get tired and cramped up enough in just gear alone.

Yet the back pack did not bother me much in the upright position on the the KLR650. Must be wind pressure on the pack on the SS.

Back
Top Bottom