Milton to Cuprtino, California & back . Old guy on a ZRX....flickr link | GTAMotorcycle.com

Milton to Cuprtino, California & back . Old guy on a ZRX....flickr link

zrxter

http://www.flickr.com/photos/52755149@N07/

I'm on my way to Seattle now. Going to be there for 2 nights then on to Grant's Pas, Ore.. h
have to be in Cupertino for Sat......so much to see and do...beautiful scenery, lots of adventurous folks.......incredible twisties......high speed limits.....incredible fun!

Last edited:
Nice to see you stretching the legs of your ZRX. Its a great bike for sport touring. Enjoy yourself and the great roads out there.

Cupertino, as in Cupertino, which is a suburb/part of San Jose? 5-6 minutes down the road from there is a town of Saratoga, you can go up and down the Montebello mountain, then hit the twisties and go through the mountains to Santa Cruz... then you can always take Hwy 1 to Monterrey or even further... memories memories...

Hey zrxter!
Glad to see you out on such a fantastic trip! I was actullay hoping to meet up again at some point this season as I enjoyed meeting/riding with you.
I can only imagine the absolutely incredible photos you are going to take along the way. I love your photos and I'll be watching for them.

Safe travels and have a great time!

Hey zrxter,So you actually are doing it good stuff you must of ironed out the carburetor problem.You make me envious keep us posted on your trip and look forward to seeing you when you get back so I can hear the stories.

Hi Guys,
Today rode 199 from Grant's Pass, Oregon to Crescent City, CA., then 101 to Arcata then 299 to Redding. Ca.......OMFG!!!!! Anyone who loves sport riding has to do these roads. You can do more incredible twisties in an hour then you will do in 2 seasons riding anywhere in Ontario. This even tops Beartooth (which was incredible), in sheer size.
Saw the giant redwoods, but was told later I missed the sideroad with the biggest ones,...Oh well, next time.....there's way too much to see in one trip. Set foot in the Pacific Ocean.
Great way to improve your riding skills........the curves up and down the mountain passes are incredible. The long flat sections across the prairies can be boring and its very easy to go way too fast out of boredome. But the flat straight sections and the sore butt are all part of the experience.
One big mishap...while on a hike in Butte, Mont. I fell and seriously damaged my main camera (Canon Mark II) which cost more than my ZRX :(
i have 2nd camera, Lumix, which is pretty good.
My son (computer science student at U of Waterloo) is on a work term in Cupertino. He is renting a place (w several otherUW students) which I plan on using as a base to ride the surrounding areas....any suggestions?...(Viperz, I'll lookup the areas you mentioned)
Take Care,
Mike

Looks like your having a great time mike! We should meet up when you get back and share pix and storries. Sucks you damaged your Mark II that camera is amazing! Hope you have a great rest of your trip. Cheers!
Geoff

Mike, now I know where you took of to!, hope you are having a blast, sorry to hear about the camera. Make sure to come out for wings when your return. Ride safe

Hi Guys,
Today rode 199 from Grant's Pass, Oregon to Crescent City, CA., then 101 to Arcata then 299 to Redding. Ca.......OMFG!!!!! Anyone who loves sport riding has to do these roads. You can do more incredible twisties in an hour then you will do in 2 seasons riding anywhere in Ontario. This even tops Beartooth (which was incredible), in sheer size.
Saw the giant redwoods, but was told later I missed the sideroad with the biggest ones,...Oh well, next time.....there's way too much to see in one trip. Set foot in the Pacific Ocean.
Great way to improve your riding skills........the curves up and down the mountain passes are incredible. The long flat sections across the prairies can be boring and its very easy to go way too fast out of boredome. But the flat straight sections and the sore butt are all part of the experience.
One big mishap...while on a hike in Butte, Mont. I fell and seriously damaged my main camera (Canon Mark II) which cost more than my ZRX :(
i have 2nd camera, Lumix, which is pretty good.
My son (computer science student at U of Waterloo) is on a work term in Cupertino. He is renting a place (w several otherUW students) which I plan on using as a base to ride the surrounding areas....any suggestions?...(Viperz, I'll lookup the areas you mentioned)
Take Care,
Mike

Glad to hear that California companies are still doing co-op/PEY for Ontario students!! I already mentioned pretty much the best places to ride around there (IMHO of course). Local riding is definitely around Saratoga and Los Gatos, ride to Santa Cruz if you are short on time (like 2-3 hours max), and hit Hwy 1 going south if you want an experience of a lifetime and have time for that :)

Back
Top Bottom