Mid pipe connector | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mid pipe connector

@J_F any idea how much they'd run for? Never heard of any before ? and anyone have a shop they recommend? I'm in the Richmond hill area, but willing to travel if needed.

a muffler shop I'm talking about
they are everywhere
they have tube benders and flaring machines
take good measurements and make a sketch
money-wise I have no idea

a muffler shop I'm talking about
they are everywhere
they have tube benders and flaring machines
take good measurements and make a sketch
money-wise I have no idea
In my experience, most are voodoo pricing. It depends what you want, how busy they are and whether they like the cut of your jib. Then they throw a number out and if you are both happy the job gets done.

Reactions: J_F
I haven't noticed any issues after doing some research and riding for the past 1k km, the mid pipe just seems to be sliding out of place (the inner side) and I have to loosen, shove it together, and retighten every few hundred km. So it seems my current inner diameter is prob 45mm? Whereas I need a 42 to fit tight.

I haven't noticed any issues after doing some research and riding for the past 1k km, the mid pipe just seems to be sliding out of place (the inner side) and I have to loosen, shove it together, and retighten every few hundred km. So it seems my current inner diameter is prob 45mm? Whereas I need a 42 to fit tight.
Missing a bushing/seal? I don't remember the name for them, but some bikes used a hard fiber cylinder/donut to seal between sections.

@GreyGhost I wanna say no.. Cause it's a cheapy exhaust from ebay I bought just for some sound improvement lol. I think it's meant to be bad quality ? just trying to see if I can fix it for cheap. Spent like $80 instead of a genuine exhaust that seems to be priced at $200+++

take it apart and grind 2 slots in the end that's too big
and clamp the sh!t out of it
And use some of that permatex muffler cement in the joint. I found that the slip-on on my ninja 300 would loosen up after a day of riding, thick layer of that stuff and now it's solid. Just be careful not to get any on the exterior pipe because once it heats up it'll stain the pipe.

Edit: forgot to mention, you must knead the stuff in the tube before using it, otherwise when you squeeze it the oil inside separates and it just pours out. Need to mix it up before applying it.

Last edited:
Reactions: J_F
Fibreglass cloth is cheap and does not burn, smear some stove pipe cement on it before you wrap it.

Exhaust is suppose to be solid affixed to your header pipe
and rubber or flex mounted where exhaust connects to the frame, yours probably isn't.

... so was the mid pipe the cat converter? Must have some function or it wouldn't be on there.

edit: never mind don't answer that, checked the OEM parts and no mid-pipe exists, only a gasket collar.
(y) glass wrap cloth and stove cement will work perfect for the collar, but that connection still can't be responsible for holding the rest of the exhaust in place.

Last edited:
Fibreglass cloth is cheap and does not burn, smear some stove pipe cement on it before you wrap it.
I tried that before on a Nighthawk. Big fail for me. The cloth did not like exhaust temps and would disappear quickly. I finally broke down and bought the proper $20 donut. Never had another problem.

I tried that before on a Nighthawk. Big fail for me. The cloth did not like exhaust temps and would disappear quickly. I finally broke down and bought the proper $20 donut. Never had another problem.
Did you smear it in stove pipe cement?
Should last until you take it apart next time.

I bet he doesn't have 2 additional decent mounting points on his POS aftermarket exhaust.

As DoubleJ said, Hindle.

Call them and tell them what you need. They are local and specialize in motorcycle exhausts

@DoubleJ the pipe came with one but isn't strong enough to bend the inner tube to clamp properly. I messaged coffman as their exhaust slips right on the header and they said it's a 42.5mm diameter. So I am looking for something like this. Haven't made time to call anyone or visit shops, prefer to just ride and work, etc. ?

Attachments

• 20191129_215242.jpg
    20191129_215242.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 12

Back
Top Bottom