Metal laser cutting (and bending) in Toronto | GTAMotorcycle.com

Metal laser cutting (and bending) in Toronto

gqelements

Site Supporter
Hi gang, any recommendations for a small shop that can:

1) laser cut a metal dash bracket ( from 2-3mm steel sheet) based on a vector file?
or
2) can help cut and bend an existing dash bracket to fit new application..

I assume 2) is much more common capability than 1), but thought i'd ask for recommendations on both, to keep them in the same thread.

I'm in North York, if someone has thoughts on someone in the North End, that would be helpful.

PS: If you personally have cutting and bending equipment and could help, I'd be happy to exchange some cash or beer, please don't hesitate to PM me..

Why laser and not water jet or plasma? I've been out of the game for a long time, but at the time, there was a huge price jump for laser over waterjet. Finish want quite as good with waterjet (and worse againnwith plasma), but for many applications you didnt need the best edge finish.

Why laser and not water jet or plasma? I've been out of the game for a long time, but at the time, there was a huge price jump for laser over waterjet. Finish want quite as good with waterjet (and worse againnwith plasma), but for many applications you didnt need the best edge finish.

Whichever is fine... :)
Just need t make a mounting platform that has cut-outs for ignition and indicator lights...

Just some DIY suggestions if you are on a budget:
I've used aluminum extrude shaped with a bandsaw and drill press to make brackets and chain tensioners and the likes with good success,
might not always be pretty but it usually ends up light and strong. Plexiglass is another cool material to work with, you can heat bend that into some pretty nice shapes and machine it with mostly woodworking tools, if it's 10mm thick or better it will hold a thread and bolt pretty good.
All the materials are small quantity available over the counter in the Toronto area pretty easy.

If you ever want to buy a nice saw, get a bandsaw, they are amazing, I've cut a lot of wood, plastic, aluminum and even brass with mine.

MR custom metals in Etobicoke, he is NOT cheap, but they do what your looking for.

Whichever is fine... :)
Just need t make a mounting platform that has cut-outs for ignition and indicator lights...

A 20 dollar step drill bit from Canadian Tire creates nice holes up to about 1.5 inches or so , after that hole saws can do the job.

A 20 dollar step drill bit from Canadian Tire creates nice holes up to about 1.5 inches or so , after that hole saws can do the job.

Is this the one? If so, it’s on sale for 14 bucks.

70f6f9f59125b65761689f59064c24eb.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom