Mesh Jackets - how well do they work? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mesh Jackets - how well do they work?

That is one I was looking at as well. (y)
It's not this price at gp or Fortnine but it has awesome ventilation and good padding protection.

It's not this price at gp or Fortnine but it has awesome ventilation and good padding protection.
yeah that's almost exactly what i wore to thailand 3 years ago. maybe the 'newest' revision. again i'll say it kept me cool in 40+ degree south east asia humidity when moving.

i plan to go again in the spring, this time i'll bring something even lighter since you aren't going much faster then 60ish in most areas of my route. also helps with the space savings. last year i wore my gear on the plane since i had to bring everything else in a backpack :LOL:

shout out to osprey!

Well today was quite cool, no mesh needed, I should have brought the leather jacket with me. :sneaky:

I just got the Klim Induction jacket from Fortnine and it's like you aren't wearing a jacket at all once you get moving. And, apparently, it is very protective for a mesh jacket.

i have a brand new dainese mesh jacket for sale size euro 50 if you are that size. you can pm me if your interested.

i have a brand new dainese mesh jacket for sale size euro 50 if you are that size. you can pm me if your interested.
Thanks though, I am more of a lrg size, and I find euro sizes a size smaller compared to NA sizing. Plus looking for something which will match my curiser attire.

Plus looking for something which will match my curiser attire.
It's funny but I know what you mean. I saw a cruiser with a full face helmet and mesh jacket and it looked strange. Perforated leather is probably the best combination of cruiser style and protection but also probably the most expensive.

Last edited:
I just got the Klim Induction jacket from Fortnine and it's like you aren't wearing a jacket at all once you get moving. And, apparently, it is very protective for a mesh jacket.
I'll second this!

To take it up a notch I bought some Under Armour T-Shifts.... The kind that are thin like tissue paper that "keep you cool". I'll probably be freezing my ass off with the Klim and those shirts :ROFLMAO:
I've done the exact same thing. Works great.

I've also been using the Klim Induction for about 3 years. Air flow is great but I don't get much air flow under the back protector. I usually get a sweat spot right under the back protector but it's a small issue.

I've also been using the Klim Induction for about 3 years. Air flow is great but I don't get much air flow under the back protector. I usually get a sweat spot right under the back protector but it's a small issue.
Try to get some kind of scoop to force air down (or up) your back. Sometimes even something as simple as flipping up a collar can make a huge difference as it forces some air down a path that was previously reasonably stagnant.

This is the one I have. It seems to work well, although I haven't been down in it.
The yellow tends to accumulated dirt if you leave it on the ground often. It was free.
olympia_airglide5_jacket_neon_yellow_black_750x750.jpg

There are test on youtube showing that in real heat the hot air flowing through just sucks the water out of you and sets you up to overheat. Mess is good to a point then seal up, wear a polypro shirt, pour cold water on it and zip up your jacket, repeat every hour to get through the hot stuff. They have cooling neck tubes that you soak, ring out and they are great for 45 minutes, feels like a cool breeze on your neck. Then it heats up and drys out too.

There are test on youtube showing that in real heat the hot air flowing through just sucks the water out of you and sets you up to overheat. Mess is good to a point then seal up, wear a polypro shirt, pour cold water on it and zip up your jacket, repeat every hour to get through the hot stuff. They have cooling neck tubes that you soak, ring out and they are great for 45 minutes, feels like a cool breeze on your neck. Then it heats up and drys out too.
yeah i believe it, it's why i rocked a camel back during my Thailand tour. was easy to sneak it under the helmet as needed to drink on the go.

Back
Top Bottom