Merrie Solstice - who's going for a ride on the shortest day of the year | GTAMotorcycle.com

Merrie Solstice - who's going for a ride on the shortest day of the year

MacDoc

Site Supporter
winter-solstice_10792_600x450.jpg

Looks like above freezing and sunny - might haul out the Burgman just to say I done it.

Heading up to 6 degrees this aft :D

I'm commuting to work the same as every day.

Last night sucked.... Lost my headlight bulb half way home. It was real dark and wet.

It was raining so I didnt go anywhere. Hoping it warms up today and stays clear :)

I too am commuting... less than 5km, to work. :( But will hopefully get out for at least a little run tonight afterward.. to finish my Christmas shopping. :( hehe.

That said.. absolutely unbelievable weather for this time of the year. I was mostly only joking earlier this year when I told fellow riders I'd be riding right through the winter.. that just may turn out to be true at this rate. :D

I'm Riding today forsure.

Last year I kept the bike out till dec 6th. This year I'm hoping to ride my bike on christmas day, as well as new years (if im not tooooo hung over that is). We will see how that goes...

The best part of this thread, is knowing that summer is on the way......:cool:

It can only get better from here!

Thinking about going for a quick ride around 2:30 or so. I'm glad I've been such a slacker about actually storing it for the winter. Every time I think about storing it, I check the weather and see a day or two in the coming week that I could drive it! Thank god for global warming.

did my christmas shopping on the bike today, it's so much easier to get around in the parking lots.

did my christmas shopping on the bike today, it's so much easier to get around in the parking lots.

+1 to that. With the V-Strom and all its luggage space, grocery & gift shopping has been soooooo easy this year. :p

I also went for a ride yesterday. Brilliant weather and it was a pleasure to ride mid-day without much traffic. If this weather keeps up (which it might do next Tuesday) I'll probably do an entire day ride.

Yesterdays weather was awesome. Even had to take one of my layers off cause I was getting too hot:)

wlpter.jpg

ehaln5.jpg

Ran the gauntlet yesterday (the commute). Great fun. There was a line of those damn geese crossing Lakeshore. Slowed up a bit to give them reaction time, aimed for the gap in my lane and WHOOSH! Right through them!

Today was a bit chillier, but once you embrace the wire, there's no need for concern.

Hey, where were those pics taken exactly? Looks like a cool spot, and if it's a dirt trail or something definitely a fun spot to take the Wee. :p

Yesterdays weather was awesome. Even had to take one of my layers off cause I was getting too hot:)

wlpter.jpg

ehaln5.jpg

I'm Riding today forsure.

Last year I kept the bike out till dec 6th. This year I'm hoping to ride my bike on christmas day, as well as new years (if im not tooooo hung over that is). We will see how that goes...

If you ride on new years wouldn't that make it next year? Just sayin

It's Frenchmans bay. I'll go on google maps to see if I can find the entrance for you. Some serious pot holes though lol.
That log is mine though...called it stamped it:)

Lol, awesome, thanks! Not too far away at all, maybe I'll get out that way and check it out. I'll try to remember not to touch your log. :p

Back
Top Bottom