Mechanic to safety my as is bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mechanic to safety my as is bike

wantsabike

So I'm lookin at buying a bike from a member on here but he can't safety the bike due to. It not having insurance on it anymore it was certified in April last year and hasnt been used since.....and hasn't sold as he is very peculiar on who he sells to (no new riders or young guys)

now I was wondering if anyone knows a mechanic that would be willing to come and certify the bike in my driveway since it's as is and wouldn't be plated and etc I've heard about rosey toes but read reviews and they didn't look good ....

does anyone have anyone they know that can help me out for when and if I purchase the bike ?? Also I'm located in Guelph

thanks rob :)

How are you getting the bike from his place to yours? If your trailering it, then just do the safety on the way, then stop and get plates, (you can book appointment for when you know your picking bike up). I doubt Rosey Toes would travel to Guelph anyway. Was the bike plated after it was certified last April? If so and the registration has it as FIT, then you can also get insurance go to Service Ontario and buy a temp plate to ride it for safety, then return to service Ontario and get your plates.

Well as far as I know he had it plated and insured but went and got it certified to sell it but didn't sell before safety was expired

U-Haul rents motorcycle trailers for about $15/day. If you don't have a hitch I'm sure you can find a friend who has one. Get in touch with your shop of choice and tell them you'd like to have the bike safetied while you wait and make arrangements for such, rent trailer, tow bike to shop...go for lunch, come back and reload bike on trailer, take bike home, return rental trailer. All done, and it'll probably cost less than what a shop would charge for a "come to you" type safety....which, as I understand it, isn't legal anyways so you're unlikely to find a shop willing to do this unless it's a shady place to begin with.

Well think my dad gonna bring his jeep with trailer to pick it up and my car has a hitch but dunno if I trust driving it with a trailer a motorcycle on back lol small little light car haha

but ya guess I could always call and make apt with a local shop for the day I go to look and get him to do it on way back then yes

Just grab a temp sticker at the ministry and ride it to any safety shop.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Just grab a temp sticker at the ministry and ride it to any safety shop.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

No insurance = can't get temp.

If the ownership is in unfit status, can't get one either.

Get a hold of Anthony at Cycle Tech:

http://www.cycletech.ca/

I am seeing if I can get him to check over my CB 750 and see what it needs (I would like to sell it safetied when I decide to move on).

From their website they do M.T.O. inspections.

If the bike is plated and the plates are current, you can ride it as is with the current owner's OK.
You will require your own insurance beforehand.
Ride it directly to the shop for the safety.
Remove the plates and return them to he current owner.
At this point pay the owner for the bike and get the signed ownership transfer.
When the bike passes the safety, pick up the paperwork and go to Service Ontario and get new plates.
Return to the shop, install the new plates and go on your way.

Last edited:
Ya figured I get Anthony to check it over the day I'm heading back with it he did work on my Ktm for me and always had good luck with him get him to check it all out on my way back then all I have to do is go to mto and change it in my name and everything then afterwords prolly easiest that way im guessing

Back
Top Bottom