Manitoulin island this weekend | GTAMotorcycle.com

Manitoulin island this weekend

Taras

I'll be turning 30 this weekend and I need to get away from everything and everyone.
Thus looking to get the hell out of Toronto and head North to Bruce peninsula on Saturday morning, see some sights on the way, catch a ferry and stay on the Island for the night. Head towards Blue Blue Mountain on Sunday spend a night there, have some drinks, and head back to Toronto on Monday evening.

Anyone can suggest any scenic routes or "must-see" places?
Anyone wants to join for parts of the trip? I am quite new to riding, ride Suzuki gs500, so will be quite slow.

I'm actually going half way there on Saturday but I would take Hurontario (hwy 10) to Hockley Rd. (rd 7), north on Airport Rd. (rd 18) then left on Sideroad 20 follow through to River Rd., come out on 124, use 17 to get back to Hwy 10, make a right on Grey Road 4 in Flesherton, then left on Grey Road 13, that will take you through Eugenia Falls Conservation Area, nice enough for a stop, Grey Road 13 goes through Beaver Valley, it's very scenic. You will end up in Thornbury, where you make a left onto Hwy 26. That will take you to Owen Sound. From there you can either take Grey Road 1 which will take you along the shore to Wiarton or take HWY 6 from Owen Sound and then Bruce Road 8 to Sauble Beach and check that out if you've never been. From Sauble you can take Road 13 to Wiarton. From Wiarton, take Bruce Road 9 until you reconnect with Road 6 (Road 9 is more fun). Road 6 will take you to Tobermory which is the end of Bruce Peninsula.

Google map the route for twisty side roads which you can add to compliment your trip. It will be a long one, make sure you have enough gas after 5pm. A lot of gas stations up north close down early.

I could be wrong, but i think this weekend is chichee maun (name of the ferry) weekend, up in Tobermory.

Usually means a fair bit of traffic heading up to bruce peninsula (increase in police too). Ride safe and watch out for crazy motorists!

Hey guys,
Thanks for the info!

Bmitchell,
damn, you are absolutely right... well, now I guess I'd need some suggestions on the most cager-free way to get there :)
http://www.greybruceyourway.com/chi-cheemaun-festival-weekend-tobermory

Demon Pig,
Thanks for the directions, really appreciate that.
if you by any chance feel like heading out together on Saturday morning, at least for part of the trip let me know. We can go our separate ways whenever you feel like. No hard feelings :)

Hey Taras,

Very interested. I M2'd in October and didn't start riding again until May, so I'm a noob too. The Manitoulin trip is something I've been planning since I made the decision year to get my own ride. I've spent a lot of time on the Island in my cage and the thought of touring those flat roads on my bike...

I ride a Hyosung GV250 - I can keep up with traffic, but I won't be doing any 'creative' riding. Yet. So, in a nutshell - thinking about it!

30. A milestone.

Hey Demon Pig,
You guys seem to be way above my noob level :) I dont plan on going super slow, but it might be difficult to catch up with you.

Aquila
Ive sent you a PM.

You can always try if you want. I don't like riding TOO fast in an uncontrolled environment. If you don't like the pace you can break off.
I'm definitely going unless the weather drastically changes.

If not, I do some slow rides now and then with newer people in mind. I usually label them as newbie and M1 friendly.

Anyhow - ride safe!

I'm in. Finishing off a route that looks to be good on google maps then i'll pm you the link (taras & aquila)

Back
Top Bottom