Making a track bike into a street bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Making a track bike into a street bike

laydee

Site Supporter
Anyone have any experience making a track bike into a street bike?

I'm looking at this clean title pretty moded track bike I want to make street. I'm willing to invest 1g on after market fairings and lights to make it street lega. I think the benefits are that the bike is already done up for track plus I'll have the track fairings ready, I can't afford a track bike and street bike and I think it's more expensive to make a street bike track with all the add ons plus plastics.

Any advice (and if anyone wants to help me take a look at it) would be great thanks :)

jared-barnes-deals-gap2.jpg

Done.

^ While that might be legal, it's not practical, doubt that "headlight" will help during night rides, etc.

Depends on the bike, could be worth it if it comes with all the OEM parts...
You can part out what you won't use and recover some money to put towards aftermarket fairings etc.
What kind of bike?

^ While that might be legal, it's not practical, doubt that "headlight" will help during night rides, etc.

Depends on the bike, could be worth it if it comes with all the OEM parts...
You can part out what you won't use and recover some money to put towards aftermarket fairings etc.
What kind of bike?

I don't understand to make it street legal I'd need to put on headlights so how would it differ from a regular bike with lighting?

It's a 600rr it doesn't come with oem plastics

I don't understand to make it street legal I'd need to put on headlights so how would it differ from a regular bike with lighting?

It's a 600rr it doesn't come with oem plastics

Headlights, brake lights, signals, license plate and mirrors make it street legal.

Yes that all can be accumulated but I guess my question is do you think it's worth it

For the money you'll spend on the street parts(which will be more than you'd think), you could buy a cheap old high mileage beater for the street and keep the trackbike for the track.

My .02
Yep

I'd buy the stock headlight kit, cut out the track fairing for the lights, and mount brake lights and plate under the tail. I think this can be had for under $1000!

Buy a complete oem fairing set including lights off of someone that built a race bike.

Going rate is about $1000.

pu5a7y2u.jpg
these are mostly all the parts I gave him with the deal lol
The buyer bought a trashed r1 for 1500 bucks with 7x miles on it, got all my parts for 1900.
He ended up with a mint low millage r1 for dirt cheap lol

For the money you'll spend on the street parts(which will be more than you'd think), you could buy a cheap old high mileage beater for the street and keep the trackbike for the track.

My .02

What he said. ^

Being track-ready is not a simple either-or, and converting back and forth, even if it has been as simplified as possible, can turn into quite an annoyance.

Has the fair-stay been swapped, rectifier been moved, left-hand electronics removed, kickstand removed and safety switch bypassed, rear-brake light switch?.... etc.

Sold my almost mint OEM fairings (had just a minor scratch on the tail), together with the headlights (also converted to HID, but no projectors) and front signals, for $475. Don't know if I'm a good man, or just very stupid.

Sold my almost mint OEM fairings (had just a minor scratch on the tail), together with the headlights (also converted to HID, but no projectors) and front signals, for $475. Don't know if I'm a good man, or just very stupid.
I couldn't even get OEM replacement fairings for one side of my bike for that price...someone got one hell of a deal

Back
Top Bottom