Make sure to read over insurance packages document | GTAMotorcycle.com

Make sure to read over insurance packages document

moarmoto

Not specifically for bike but still...

So, I called my insurance company to lower my deductible for both car and bike.

When new updated documents came in the mail, I did a quick comparison and found that for my car, it was rated for Vaughn/Markham/Peel region (wrong area) instead of Hamilton/Halton Region like my bike (correct area) was.

Typically in the past I've only read the coverage and haven't read this specific area on the page. I only caught it because documents for both the car and bike got delivered at the same time.

I've lived in Burlington for almost 5 years now, Mississauga before. I imagine when I moved, they didn't or forgot to update the rating for my car even after I notified them of address change. Once adjusted, my rate for the car went down about 200/year.

So I've paid almost 1000 extra over the course of 5 years, which they said they'd look into for reimbursing me somehow, since it's their mistake. But they might pull 'oh you should be checking the package we send you every year'.

Anyways, thought I'd share since maybe someone could be overpaying (or underpaying).

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

On my last car, it was supposed to have replacement coverage on it. It needed repaired and they told me they were using crap chinese parts as you needed replacement coverage to get OEM parts. I asked what the hell, they went back through the call logs and told me OEM parts would be used. At some point an agent had changed the coverage without my authorization.

Back
Top Bottom