Mackie is now Durham HD? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Mackie is now Durham HD?

Clutt-225

Did a quick search and did find anything. Sorry if this has already been posted.
But over the weekend I happened to notice a large billboard at “Durham HD” under new management. Now it’s been a few years since I traded in my Road Glide for a better all road touring motorcycle ”cough ADV”. I was always happy with the service at Mackie although they did have some pretty good blinders for their brand and only their brand wich at the time was really only one style of bike and why on earth would you even want to ride anything else. 😂
anyhow does anyone have any insight as to what caused the change an does it have anything to do with the massive closers of HD dealers everywhere?

Not intended to spur another Harley bashing thread. The Harley haters can move on.
we know who you are already 😂
We know you ride a sport bike and Harley has yet to build you a good bike.
or The metric cruiser guy that’s just going to get but hurt when a Harley guy tells him he realy wants one but can’t afford it. Move on.
This is just about a motorcycle dealer changing hands during a major pivotal point in a brands history.

Saw some advertising citing the Mackie family looking to focus more time on real estate than retail operations. Not sure what that "really" means though.

Curious to see who the new names are on the executive staff list, and how that differs prior to name change

Come to think of it, has mississauga HD always been called mississauga? Maybe HD corporate canada wants to replace the family names with the city/region they are located

Last edited:
Come to think of it, has mississauga HD always been called mississauga? Maybe HD corporate canada wants to replace the family names with the city/region they are located
Not 100% sure but don't think so. If it was once the one on Argentia (now on Dixie?) in Mississauga. It was once Jacox, then Brown's.

@sburns hasn't been happy with the MackieHD experience lately. He posted a few weeks ago that Mackie HD was getting new owners.

@sburns hasn't been happy with the MackieHD experience lately. He posted a few weeks ago that Mackie HD was getting new owners.
I'm thinking this might be a big part of the changes HD made to its North American dealer network. I have heard many bad reviews from both sides of the border.

I was now told it was bought by Calgary HD. (not 100% sure). I also heard that they are doing a Durham bike night there on Friday nights.

Last edited:
Yeah totally correct.

Lets face it Mackies wasn't great with service all together. Actually, heard in service they ripped people off by charging for stuff they never changed out, I think they may have even did this to me. Also problems with service done (or not done) over winter for people.

The Mackie family, all decent nice people never had an issue with them or the kids.

As for now, I am glad they are making the staff changes, there were a lot of yahoo's (to put it mildly).
In the service area, the Master tech already left for Pfaff HD, he was pretty decent. But the service manager Mike, total tool, haven't seen him around if he got the boot, great.

Parts,
Jamie was asked to leave. This guy is the biggest tool around. Avoid this FFucker as much as possible. Doesn't know what he is talking about, misleads customers all the time, and just lies.
Unfortunately he landed at Pfaff. 🙄
Geoff another tool at the Parts counter, talks a lot but doesn't know $hit
The parts manager petty moron.
If they get rid of these last 2 guys then they will have purged all the idiocy there.

If HD's plan is to shake things up and get proper staff in place with knowledge, and good customer service, then it's all the better.

So far I have been taking my business to Barrie HD, great group there no issues how it should be!

Back
Top Bottom