M2 Expired | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Expired

Early last year. I was in the UK for a while due to my fathers ill health+
No luck then, covid exemption required expiry in a portion of 2020.

IIRC, you rewrite the M1 and can immediately take the M1 exit test. Whether you go with MTO or a course is up to you, there are advantages and disadvantages to each. Try to get your full M asap so you don't end up in this mess again.

Thx GreyGhost.
Is there an engine size limitation for taking an M1 exit test at the MTO?
What bike do you have? I know there are restrictions with trikes or sidecars but I can't see any issues with a 125 or greater bike. If you are trying to do the test on a 50, I would do more research to make sure you don't get an LSM endorsement.

R1200GS . I'm old :) and have ridden for many years - not saying I'm perfect of course. It's the only bike I have access to. Is this the test ?

R1200GS . I'm old :) and have ridden for many years - not saying I'm perfect of course. It's the only bike I have access to.
There is definitely not an upper size limit. As you know, it just makes it harder on yourself when you have a heavy tall bike. Insurance on the other hand isn't going to be friendly as they will classify you as a new rider on a 1200.

Yes. I was just getting an insurance quote. Given the insurance discount It's cheaper to do the M2 course. This is an expensive mistake. :( Thx again for the advice
Taking the course after a few years off the bike is not a mistake. Everybody benefits from a refresher.

Financially I meant, Given the insurance company puts my experience back to zero and my premium increases. Uncertainty of the post covid world doesn't help.

I'm going through the same thing I left my m2 to expire last year and now I'm starting all over.

I talked to the insurance company today it's like half the price if you take the course.... The course that's booked full to the middle of October lol

I guess I'm taking the course in October and waiting till spring to put my bike on the road

Sent from my SM-A505W using Tapatalk

I did the M1 exit test with MTO and the only advice I would give to u is, the smaller the bike the easier it is to get through the test. I have 20 yrs experience, even a few years of track experience on a gixxer 1000 and i looked like a newbie on a 300 trying to get through the cones.
I think the only reason why I passed is because the instructor probably saw my experience through other ways and he did ask me if I rode from Scarborough to Oshawa to do the test.
So get a 125 cc bike. Test is an easy pass on that.

Back
Top Bottom