M2 exit road test at Brampton questions. | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 exit road test at Brampton questions.

Bicky

Hi guys, I'm doing my m2 exit road test tomorrow at the Brampton test centre. I have a couple of questions:

1. When making a left on to a 2/3 lane road am I suppose to change lanes and go to the far right lane?

2. When at a stop light can I put my bike in neutral or will the instructor deducte points?

3. On the 410 the speed is 80km/h because of the construction however everyone still does 100-120km/h. Should I just go the speed of the traffic or 80km/h?

Thanks.

Haven't done my m2 exit yet but..

1. Go to far right when you reach close to the speed limit of the road.

2. No neutral, always stay in gear.

3. That's a tough one, I would probably go about 85-90.

Sent from my LG-H812 using Tapatalk

For #2 Stay in gear and keep your brake light on. One foot on the ground and one on the bike. Check mirrors before and after stopping. Check blind spots before proceding and left and right to ensure intersection is clear. Then mirror checks within 10 seconds.

To be clear on point (1) ...

When initially making the left turn (or any turn), you should turn into the lane that corresponds to the lane that you are coming from. If you are coming from the leftmost lane of the road that you are turning off of, you should turn into the leftmost lane of the road that you are turning on to. After you fully complete that maneuver THEN signal right and change to the right lane (if applicable).

A lot of car drivers get this wrong.

^^^ especially in Brampton ?

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

For the speed related one...I'd bring up the concern to the tester and get their opinion. Seems some like to stick to the letter of the law, whereas others will say 'go with the flow', but only up to a certain amount. When I did mine (through RTI though), I asked about the section on the Gardiner, especially for the bit when you need to switch laneslane change without cutting anyone off, and they said don't hold people up, but try not to go more than 10 over...so that's what I did.

Damn can you attach a phone to read out speed since my bike always reads high.

I did this.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Damn can you attach a phone to read out speed since my bike always reads high.

No one in the test is going to be: (A) constantly monitoring your speed with a radar gun to ensure that you never exceed the posted speed limit to police-radar-accuracy by 0.00001 km/h; (B) constantly looking over your shoulder to ensure that to your knowledge, your speed as you know it (speedometer, however inaccurate it may be) never exceeds the posted speed limit.

If you go as near as you can tell to an actual 80 km/h in a posted 80 km/h zone, even taking into account that your speedometer is going to be displaying 85 or 90, no one will question it.

No one in the test is going to be: (A) constantly monitoring your speed with a radar gun to ensure that you never exceed the posted speed limit to police-radar-accuracy by 0.00001 km/h; (B) constantly looking over your shoulder to ensure that to your knowledge, your speed as you know it (speedometer, however inaccurate it may be) never exceeds the posted speed limit.

If you go as near as you can tell to an actual 80 km/h in a posted 80 km/h zone, even taking into account that your speedometer is going to be displaying 85 or 90, no one will question it.

Neither are really my concern. My concern is not being able to tell whether I'm going too slow (lose points) or too fast. The speedometer fluctuates too much. Can't rely on the tachometer and gearing because I've noticed when it's really hot out, I need more rpms to reach the same speed...

Hey guys thanks for all the replies. I passed. So before the test I talked to the tester and he said to do 80 but when changing lanes increase speed if need be to do a safe lane change.

Hey guys thanks for all the replies. I passed. So before the test I talked to the tester and he said to do 80 but when changing lanes increase speed if need be to do a safe lane change.

Congratulations. Now the real learning begins. Ride safe.

Back
Top Bottom