M2 Exit Question | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Question

DRZ

Hey everyone, new road rider, long time dirt rider. I went the course route to get my m2. The 18 month wait seems a bit inconvieniant as it would I would be eligible in the middle of winter. I know the m2 exit course is valid for 6 months, so I was hoping to do it after having my m2 for 13-15 months, then bringing it to drive test at 18 months. Any hiccups with this plan?
Thanks

I don't think the courses can do it as they are accredited testers.

You do not lose anything waiting for the spring to take the course. It's also a great time for the refresher that you get.

Reactions: DRZ
I don't think the courses can do it as they are accredited testers.

You do not lose anything waiting for the spring to take the course. It's also a great time for the refresher that you get.
Thanks for the the reply. I know people do their m2 coursw prior to having their m1 for 60 days, so was hoping I could do something similar. I just want to get it out of the way, and hoping to save on insurance, currently paying $636.

Hey everyone, new road rider, long time dirt rider. I went the course route to get my m2. The 18 month wait seems a bit inconvieniant as it would I would be eligible in the middle of winter. I know the m2 exit course is valid for 6 months, so I was hoping to do it after having my m2 for 13-15 months, then bringing it to drive test at 18 months. Any hiccups with this plan?
Thanks

I see now why you were asking.

This is probably not possible.

As far as I am aware you cannot book a course or an MTO exam until you’ve met the license requirement and that is to wait a full 18 months.

And yeah, I’d expect no savings from getting the M. They care more about how long you’ve had an M2.

Reactions: DRZ
My wife and I got our licenses at the same time and we did not get a reduction in premium until after 5 years riding.
Passing the M2 exit did make a small difference for us. Mind you our premiums were each $1200 per year for the first 5 years.
Silly insurance industry only considers displacement, so a 1100 cc Virago is classed much the same as a litre sport bike.
At least now our premiums are under $600 per year...

My wife and I got our licenses at the same time and we did not get a reduction in premium until after 5 years riding.
Passing the M2 exit did make a small difference for us. Mind you our premiums were each $1200 per year for the first 5 years.
Silly insurance industry only considers displacement, so a 1100 cc Virago is classed much the same as a litre sport bike.
At least now our premiums are under $600 per year...

Shop around, there are insurers that favour cruisers (riders plus??) and price the premiums accordingly knowing they are far different from sport bikes

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Back
Top Bottom