M2 Exit Course | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 Exit Course

I jumped the gun and signed up for the M2 Exit with RTI this weekend and I was wondering what to expect? Does anyone know what the test route in Toronto is?
Aren't they going to cover that with you the day of? Likely you will practice some of the route in the morning.

I did the M2 exit with RTI downtown a very long time ago. Stupid simple and straightforward. If you are comfortable riding a bike, you'll have zero issues. Heck the other student that did the test with me absolutely did not know how to ride a bike proficiently and dropped it a few times during the practice but still passed.

If I remember right, these were the steps
- Pull over, put your flashers on, with the kickstand down
- Do a U-Turn without putting your foot down
- A couple minor side streets
- Jump on the Gardiner, get off after one or two exits

That's about it.

Dropping the bike is an automatic fail
Atleast it is with the M1 exit.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

Dropping the bike is an automatic fail
Atleast it is with the M1 exit.

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

For clarification, she dropped it during the practice portion, not the test

I did the M2 exit with RTI downtown a very long time ago. Stupid simple and straightforward. If you are comfortable riding a bike, you'll have zero issues. Heck the other student that did the test with me absolutely did not know how to ride a bike proficiently and dropped it a few times during the practice but still passed.

If I remember right, these were the steps
- Pull over, put your flashers on, with the kickstand down
- Do a U-Turn without putting your foot down
- A couple minor side streets
- Jump on the Gardiner, get off after one or two exits

That's about it.

Thanks for the tips, really helps out a lot. I put 13,000kms since I started riding last year so I’m pretty comfortable riding at speed but I still have a lot to learn.

Running a red light, rolling through a stop sign, basically getting a ticket, is an automatic fail. There's an entire thread devoted to the test on the forum somewhere.

Running a red light, rolling through a stop sign, basically getting a ticket, is an automatic fail. There's an entire thread devoted to the test on the forum somewhere.

FYI

Completed the M2X exam with drivetest today in Oshawa and passed. 15-20min duration with mixed residential/industrial/highway riding.

No parking lot drills.

Observations
- exaggerated mirror checks
- exaggerated intersection checks
- exaggerated blind spot checks
- always keep your right foot on the rear brake at complete stops
- must be in correct blocking position
- hard to hear the CB radio at times
- 2 instructors following me in a car (1 driver, 1 evaluator)
- bike must always be in gear (except during emergency roadside stop and shutting down bike in parking lot)

FYI

Completed the M2X exam with drivetest today in Oshawa and passed. 15-20min duration with mixed residential/industrial/highway riding.

No parking lot drills.

Observations
- exaggerated mirror checks
- exaggerated intersection checks
- exaggerated blind spot checks
- always keep your right foot on the rear brake at complete stops
- must be in correct blocking position
- hard to hear the CB radio at times
- 2 instructors following me in a car (1 driver, 1 evaluator)
- bike must always be in gear (except during emergency roadside stop and shutting down bike in parking lot)

Good job . Congrats!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom