M2 exit...brake light modulator ok? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M2 exit...brake light modulator ok?

Michael0124

Site Supporter
Might be a stupid question or already discussed...

Finally got my M2 exit booked for September, but am not sure if my flashy flash taillight will be allowed. I asked the person on the phone at RTI, they put me on hold and came back with a "it SHOULD be ok" but seemed unsure of themselves. To be clear, and they did ask about it, I've disabled the integrated turn signals and am running Yamaha OEM leds separately from the taillight.

I can disable it for the test but that would require taking the tail apart to get to the button...I'd rather not if I don't have to.

Anyone know if it is allowed?

Yep, I did my M2 exit with integrated tail lights that do the quick brake flash a couple times. Wasn't a problem.

They're more interested in your riding abilities. Don't forget to slow down through a school zone- I kept doing 50 and buddy dinged me a couple points.

You should be assessed points on your assessed stops if your brake light goes out during the time that you're stopped.
There's a place on the evaluation sheet for such marks.
They don't mark every stop or every intersection.
There may be a consideration for a flashy flash, but I would confirm it to be sure.
You may get lucky like Learner above, or you may not.
You're best to ask if they can refer your question to the signing authority that will be doing your evaluation.

In case anyone has the same concern, I did the M2X today, the taillight modulator wasn't an issue at all. From what I understand as long as it doesn't continue to flash when stopped (it must remain solid for the duration of the stop after the initial flashes) it's fine.

Back
Top Bottom