m1x on a 125r | GTAMotorcycle.com

m1x on a 125r

Yes I can get it up to 120kmph indicated at 230lbs so it should be fine with her 130 lbs.It chokes in 6th with me on it however.Wasn't sure I was legal on the highway but I had to try as she can't go there yet.One other problem I noticed is that I was pushing 1100 or 12000 rpm in 5th.What if she drops it into 4th at 110kmph,other than scaring the sh*t out of her and bouncing the limiter will she damage it?It only has 1100km on it now.I was tempted to try but didn't want to brake it.thanks

What if she drops it into 4th at 110kmph,other than scaring the sh*t out of her and bouncing the limiter will she damage it?

Rev limiter won't help in a downshift at a speed that is too high.

Yes I can get it up to 120kmph indicated at 230lbs so it should be fine with her 130 lbs.It chokes in 6th with me on it however.Wasn't sure I was legal on the highway but I had to try as she can't go there yet.One other problem I noticed is that I was pushing 1100 or 12000 rpm in 5th.What if she drops it into 4th at 110kmph,other than scaring the sh*t out of her and bouncing the limiter will she damage it?It only has 1100km on it now.I was tempted to try but didn't want to brake it.thanks

if it can merge safely at highway speeds, and if it can do 120km/h, then it should definitely do fine. . .

it's plated, it's insured, so it'll do, no? if she accidentally drops it to 4th at 110km/h, i imagine she'll get a solid jolt, the engine will race madly as it tries to slow the bike down to match speed to rpms, and it'll pull her up out of her seat and forwards. could be really disconcerting. . .not sure what damage a one-time mis-shift would cause to the engine, if anything.

The CBR125 is classed as a full speed motorcycle by the Ministry of Transportation so it is a valid bike to do all levels of graduated licensing up to and including an unrestricted M license.

Hey I have the same question too. In the future I plan on purchasing a CBR125, however I'm looking at the Centennial College website for their m2 exit course and it says:

" MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Must provide own street legal, licenced, minimum 250 cc motorcycle. Proof of ownership and Liability Insurance Certificate must also be provided."

Here's the link http://db2.centennialcollege.ca/ce/coursedetail.php?CourseCode=CEMO-805

Could it be just the college courses that require a minimum of 250 cc?

Hey I have the same question too. In the future I plan on purchasing a CBR125, however I'm looking at the Centennial College website for their m2 exit course and it says:

" MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS
1. Must provide own street legal, licenced, minimum 250 cc motorcycle. Proof of ownership and Liability Insurance Certificate must also be provided."

Here's the link http://db2.centennialcollege.ca/ce/coursedetail.php?CourseCode=CEMO-805

Could it be just the college courses that require a minimum of 250 cc?

That would be a centennial specific requirement. I teach for Learning Curves and we allow the CBR125 for the M2X. It is completely capable of performing everything needed for the M2X course.

That would be a centennial specific requirement. I teach for Learning Curves and we allow the CBR125 for the M2X. It is completely capable of performing everything needed for the M2X course.

Good to know, I was getting worried because I wanted to start off with a CBR125!

Back
Top Bottom