M1 writing test available? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 writing test available?

Been practicing them continually for days now. Think I’m good to go for my M1! Should be a breeze. I been driving daily for the past 15 years— road signs arnt an issue at all. Some of the rules for riding a bike I was unaware of but have learnt by error through these tests and pretty much memorized everything now.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app
Echoing @ifiddles above, those G1 questions really will get you if you aren't aware. A lot of the minor (below 19? 21?) rules have changed and become more stringent or specific in the past 5 years; alcohol, seat belts, driving time, passenger driving with G1, blah blah blah...
Regardless, good luck to you both, it can still be pretty chilly in early April, sometimes still snowing during some of my friends' tests.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Regardless, good luck to you both, it can still be pretty chilly in early April, sometimes still snowing during some of my friends' tests.

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
exactamundo.

just bring layers :p

Yeppers I am.

I believe it's $475 yeah, I can PM you some info and you should qualify for a small discount.
Newbie here.. I rode small bikes during school/university but not yet in Canada.. Looking to get M1->M2 course this spring. Can you PM me too with info please.. I am from Mississauga..

shameless plug for learning curves as i instruct with them.

we have a lot of locations if finding one with another company that meets your needs is difficult.
I did the Learning curves M2 course in the fall, first class experience.

Regarding the G licence questions, if you’ve been driving a while shouldn’t be a problem, road signs are all pretty obvious. I hadn’t looked at the drivers test manual since the 90s and didn’t have to think twice about any of those questions.

I did the Learning curves M2 course in the fall, first class experience.

Regarding the G licence questions, if you’ve been driving a while shouldn’t be a problem, road signs are all pretty obvious. I hadn’t looked at the drivers test manual since the 90s and didn’t have to think twice about any of those questions.
Agree but questions like blood alcohol limit, distance from a fire hydrant for parking and so on might get you. Nevertheless, it's a good idea to brush up rather wasting 15 bucks for the retest.

Yeppers I am.

I believe it's $475 yeah, I can PM you some info and you should qualify for a small discount.
Would love some info and a dicount also ;). Was looking to take enroll at the Hamilton location as it's right outside my workplace at Limeridge Mall! My cousin was the one who suggested you guys since that's where he enrolled.

I wrote the M1 at a DriveTest center in Guelph 2 weeks ago...no lineup, place was dead..

not essential!!! ?

Haha!! ...ummm....Truth is, I was working nearby (what I do for work could easily be called an essential service) But the lady there seemed annoyed... BTW what locations do you instruct at? I'm at Sherway first course in April.

Haha!! ...ummm....Truth is, I was working nearby (what I do for work could easily be called an essential service) But the lady there seemed annoyed... BTW what locations do you instruct at? I'm at Sherway first course in April.
ohhhh awesome.

We haven't got our schedule yet, probably not until early/mid march. What date is your class?

I am at sherway occasionally, i can try to line up my schedule.

ohhhh awesome.

We haven't got our schedule yet, probably not until early/mid march. What date is your class?

I am at sherway occasionally, i can try to line up my schedule.
They haven't set an official date but its supposed to be the first one of the year at that location.

Completed the first step.. got M1 today. next .. waiting for course sign-up.

Fresh thoughts from M1 test. It is not that easy. Need a bit of reading/preparation. Test has 3 sections. First one Signs. 20 questions and pass mark is 16. I got all correct. Next... motorcycle riding. 24 questions and I think pass mark around 20. I got 22 and 2 went wrong. Last one is a bit tricky. They call it G nous.. or something like that.. Has 20 questions. Pass mark is 16. I under estimated this part. Did a quick reading on rules etc before the test. I barely passed it. Got 3 wrong. For tough questions, I imagined the situation on our roads and answered the way I would have behaved. It helped a bit. If you are like me who did G1 a decade ago, better read those guides before the test. Also those free exams on drivingtest . ca site are helpful.

I need to register a course now. Looking to get a bike this season.

Completed the first step.. got M1 today. next .. waiting for course sign-up.

Fresh thoughts from M1 test. It is not that easy. Need a bit of reading/preparation. Test has 3 sections. First one Signs. 20 questions and pass mark is 16. I got all correct. Next... motorcycle riding. 24 questions and I think pass mark around 20. I got 22 and 2 went wrong. Last one is a bit tricky. They call it G nous.. or something like that.. Has 20 questions. Pass mark is 16. I under estimated this part. Did a quick reading on rules etc before the test. I barely passed it. Got 3 wrong. For tough questions, I imagined the situation on our roads and answered the way I would have behaved. It helped a bit. If you are like me who did G1 a decade ago, better read those guides before the test. Also those free exams on drivingtest . ca site are helpful.

I need to register a course now. Looking to get a bike this season.
thanks! I passed a few days ago and enrolled the first course in April.

Speaking as an M class evaluator, best to know you Motorcycle book cover to cover. Also as part of the evaluation you need to know the G class road signs.

The M1 written is a combination of M class specific questions (lane positioning when on the bike, restrictions etc...) as well the G class road signs. The MTO can mention anything in either book and it is fair game.

In comparison... if reading the B class (School Bus) or C class (Coach Bus) you are responsible for also reading and understanding the full D class (Truck) MTO guide.

Hope this helps. Good luck on your upgrade :)

Back
Top Bottom