M1 writing test available? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M1 writing test available?

garyintoronto

Due to COVID 19, many drive test center shut down their road test and some other services.

You guys took the M1 test recently? And how it go through? Shall I book it online or just go there and have a test? Any advices?
-----------------------------------------------
Update:
Got my M1 license, super easy. Location Newmarket
Few people wait there, no line-up.
20mins all done!

Cannot wait for M2 COURSE in April!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thank y’all

Last edited:
The drive test site looks like it all seems operational. It seems like you go and line up like every other time at the DriveTest/MTO to write a test.
No passenger tests, that might even mean M1X and M2X are available...

Driving (and by association riding i suppose) and their learning are deemed "essential afterall

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

The drive test site looks like it all seems operational. It seems like you go and line up like every other time at the DriveTest/MTO to write a test.
No passenger tests, that might even mean M1X and M2X are available...

Driving (and by association riding i suppose) and their learning are deemed "essential afterall

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk
Very useful reply thanks!

Due to COVID 19, many drive test center shut down their road test and some other services.

You guys took M1 test recently? And how it go through? Shall I book it online or just go there and have a test? Any advices?

thank y’all

M1 expires after 90 days so there’s really no point in getting one now.

Looks like if you go into service Ontario and pay to write your M1 test which is like 18$ bucks, then you need to wait 2 months before trying for your M2. Reserve a spot within the next week for April at a learning centre(course is a weekend long and not expensive), and you’ll receive your M2 license and be able to get insurance at a discount and just in time for warmer weather!!! Works out perfectly! It’s a 3 months time frame you get with your M1. If you don’t get your M2 within 3 months you have to start all over again apparently. Also, if you do get insurance for your bike and you only have a M1 you’re going to be paying a minimum of 400+monthly for a medium cc bike until you get your M2.

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like if you go into service Ontario and pay to write your M1 test which is like 18$ bucks, then you need to wait 2 months before trying for your M2. Reserve a spot within the next week for April at a learning centre(course is a weekend long and not expensive), and you’ll receive your M2 license and be able to get insurance at a discount and just in time for warmer weather!!! Works out perfectly! It’s a 3 months time frame you get with your M1. If you don’t get your M2 within 3 months you have to start all over again apparently.

Yep, I got registered in the earliest course and plan to pass m1 recently

Looks like if you go into service Ontario and pay to write your M1 test which is like 18$ bucks, then you need to wait 2 months before trying for your M2. Reserve a spot within the next week for April at a learning centre(course is a weekend long and not expensive), and you’ll receive your M2 license and be able to get insurance at a discount and just in time for warmer weather!!! Works out perfectly! It’s a 3 months time frame you get with your M1. If you don’t get your M2 within 3 months you have to start all over again apparently. Also, if you do get insurance for your bike and you only have a M1 you’re going to be paying a minimum of 400+monthly for a medium cc bike until you get your M2.

Yep, already registered course in April and maybe got m2 then. Purchase bike with insurance that time.

I’m doing the exact same thing. I just ordered the handbook off Amazon. Going to write the test Monday and then reserve a spot for the first weekend of April if I can for my M2( not sure what dates the schools open). I’m purchasing my bike this weekend and just storing it. I’ll be speaking with my agent some more so that by April and right in time I finish my school course I’ll have insurance on it immediately and it’ll be easy and cheap!!!! A lot of the rates depend on your age, the bike size, if you’re bundling car/bike, if you took the course, history etc.

I’m doing the exact same thing. I just ordered the handbook off Amazon. Going to write the test Monday and then reserve a spot for the first weekend of April if I can for my M2( not sure what dates the schools open). I’m purchasing my bike this weekend and just storing it. I’ll be speaking with my agent some more so that by April and right in time I finish my school course I’ll have insurance on it immediately and it’ll be easy and cheap!!!! A lot of the rates depend on your age, the bike size, if you’re bundling car/bike, if you took the course, history etc.
Handout book, is online exam test enough for pass? How much is you insurance? I registered RTI first course in north york.

Handout book, is online exam test enough for pass? How much is you insurance? I registered RTI first course in north york.
I don’t know. You need to study the handbook to be sure and then Go into service Ontario to write the test. If you have your g license it should be easy to pass. I registered for my riding training institute for north york but it’s giving me the downtown location on Duncan. Maybe that one in north york isn’t government accredited I don’t know— make sure it is.

shameless plug for learning curves as i instruct with them.

we have a lot of locations if finding one with another company that meets your needs is difficult.

I don’t know. You need to study the handbook to be sure and then Go into service Ontario to write the test. If you have your g license it should be easy to pass. I registered for my riding training institute for north york but it’s giving me the downtown location on Duncan. Maybe that one in north york isn’t government accredited I don’t know— make sure it is.
fairly accurate. there are motorcycle specific question as you likely expect, the rest are questions you'll find on the G1 (operating vehicle in certain conditions/license requirements and road signs).

RTI motorcycle course should be all accredited to help you get M2 license.

I think we missed, my location is north york, 3-4 April.

shameless plug for learning curves as i instruct with them.

we have a lot of locations if finding one with another company that meets your needs is difficult.

Oh! Are you an instructor there? I think that’s the one I was going to reserve a spot at for my M2 but the homepage sucks lol. I was trying to navigate on my iPhone to go down on the page but it has glitches or smething lol

Is the course price the same there everywhere else. I’m paying 531$ after tax for that course

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Oh! Are you an instructor there? I think that’s the one I was going to reserve a spot at for my M2 but the homepage sucks lol. I was trying to navigate on my iPhone to go down on the page but it has glitches or smething lol

Is the course price the same there everywhere else. I’m paying 531$ after tax for that course

Yeppers I am.

I believe it's $475 yeah, I can PM you some info and you should qualify for a small discount.

Definitely brush up on your G1 rules and regulations...I got my license in 1985 and when I went to do the M1 in 2011, I didn't know that I would have to do the G1 written test as well...unfortunately I failed it because so many of the rules and regulations regarding G1 didn't apply to me, so I didn't know them...anyways got the G1 handbook, studied it and passed the M1 my second time around...

drivingtest.ca has m1 practice test that might help you pass.

Been practicing them continually for days now. Think I’m good to go for my M1! Should be a breeze. I been driving daily for the past 15 years— road signs arnt an issue at all. Some of the rules for riding a bike I was unaware of but have learnt by error through these tests and pretty much memorized everything now.♀️

Back
Top Bottom