M testing | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M testing

I went to the drive test center and took a half hour regular ride with a tester following me, no big deal.
My wife had just stepped out from a ninja 250 to a 650 gladius. She was not comfortable on it and had two weeks left of her m2.
She did the m2 exit at Georgian college in Barrie. She recieved her full M and the difference in her confidence on the Gladius was night and day after the course. Spending two solid days in the seat practicing low speed maneuvers etc was just what she needed to get up to speed on the new bike.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

The one in Oakville has simulator course right? Do you still have to go to freeway to get full M?

No one day. Saturday. Practice in the morning and test that afternoon.
Nope. She was there all day Saturday, and then most of the day Sunday. 2 day course at Georgian.
Edit: I just double checked and I was wrong. She had a four hour classroom Friday night and then all day Saturday.
Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

What's important to you?

Getting the licence for the least effort/money? Go to the ministry.

Have a qualified instructor kill off your bad habits and help you stay safer on the street? Course.

Did my M with Learning Curves, $400 and i don't regret it for a second. Goldie (Whose on these forums) has a vested interest in making you a better rider, i don't see what can be more important then that.

Each to their own.

I take it thats the Courtice location? Better price than Durham College one. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Not sure how long ago you took the test, but curious ... everything they taught you, did it last or are you back to resorting to bad habits ? Nobody that I know does mirror checks every 10s or swivels their head at every intersection/driveway/road sign etc ... As someone aptly said to me once, it's an act or a show that you have to put on to pass the test.
I do. But it takes practice to be able to judge the distance/speed of things ahead while your head is turned, so if you try it, take it slow.

One of the underrated benefits of taking a course is that the people who coach you also test you. That's not to say they have an interest in passing you and will let things slide, but rather the opposite:
a) They've gone through the lessons with you and coached you to standard equal to or higher than what they'll watch for on the test; and
b) They are all riders first, instructors second, examiners third, whereas Drivetest examiners may not even ride, let alone teach. They know the scoring criteria, may not understand the rationale behind it.

One of the underrated benefits of taking a course is that the people who coach you also test you. That's not to say they have an interest in passing you and will let things slide, but rather the opposite:
a) They've gone through the lessons with you and coached you to standard equal to or higher than what they'll watch for on the test; and
b) They are all riders first, instructors second, examiners third, whereas Drivetest examiners may not even ride, let alone teach. They know the scoring criteria, may not understand the rationale behind it.

Totaly get it as i already did the first course. Would never ride without it. Only questioned the exit but will be trying the courtice one this summer

Sent from my iPhone using GTAMotorcycle.com mobile app

Not sure how long ago you took the test, but curious ... everything they taught you, did it last or are you back to resorting to bad habits ? Nobody that I know does mirror checks every 10s or swivels their head at every intersection/driveway/road sign etc ... As someone aptly said to me once, it's an act or a show that you have to put on to pass the test.

Everyone I know checks mirrors often when on the bike on the regular....

As for the course, I would suggest taking it - you only know what you know. They'll teach you more skills you likely haven't developed and stuff you likely just don't know/didn't think about.

When I did my course at the five year limit, I had developed so many bad habits from riding with groups who gave bad advice...

Back
Top Bottom