M testing in GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

M testing in GTA

Is it just me or is every DriveTest booked until December 2022? What is going on!?
Not many tests given last summer so lots of pent up demand? I thought they may release some dates eight weeks out or so too.

Probably have better luck finding a course that includes the test but it will cost more.

Food for thought about going to a course instead of DriveTest.

Courses are run by instructors, we aren't there to 'fail' people. We're there to coach, offer knowledge on how to be a safer rider and yeah, the legal expectation for the exam. You may be surprised to know that DriveTest staff may not even ride or know how to actually operate a motorcycle, that is not required as part of their training. So, let's say you avoid a pothole on the road during the exam because you deemed it to be a hazard, as an instructor (now examiner) who rides, I would clearly understand that you made a conscious decision to avoid a hazard and would not count that against you. DriveTest examiner could very well mark you for leaving the tire track.

It costs more but you'll get more out of a course, imo.

I know that here, the course had more people on the waiting list, than openings last year, because of the way the lockdowns occurred.

I did mine at DriveTest in Peterborough 🤷‍♂️ (pre covid)

I drive by one every week in Scarborough and there is a lineup into the parking lot every time..

Check marketplace or Indian facebook groups, I've seen a new scam is many booking test time slots and auctioning it off to highest bidder who wants to get their appointments sooner ;)
So easy for govt to clean that up. Just require a DL number to book. Verify that the driver needs the test (eg I can only book M1 exit if that dl has M1). Done. Scam mostly wiped out with a few lines of code.

Allegedly, some of the culprits were driving schools booking multiple tests for students, so they did have valid DL numbers.

Saw this from August last year: "Since the issue has been brought to light, the MTO has allegedly upgraded its systems by implementing a 45-minute time limit for booking road tests and cancelling the ability for drivers to switch tests."

Test Anxiety: Ontario scalpers selling online G test slots

Is Drivetest scalping still a thing?

Food for thought about going to a course instead of DriveTest.

Courses are run by instructors, we aren't there to 'fail' people. We're there to coach, offer knowledge on how to be a safer rider and yeah, the legal expectation for the exam. You may be surprised to know that DriveTest staff may not even ride or know how to actually operate a motorcycle, that is not required as part of their training. So, let's say you avoid a pothole on the road during the exam because you deemed it to be a hazard, as an instructor (now examiner) who rides, I would clearly understand that you made a conscious decision to avoid a hazard and would not count that against you. DriveTest examiner could very well mark you for leaving the tire track.

It costs more but you'll get more out of a course, imo.
I am booking with your " employer" (not sure if I can "name-drop") for October for my M. If you are not going to be my examiner I will be extremely disappointed but this won't affect my attendance at the odd burger meet.

Back
Top Bottom