M license -- 18 months or 18 months + 1 day? | GTAMotorcycle.com

M license -- 18 months or 18 months + 1 day?

conundrum

Quick question -- I just double checked my date of getting my M2 (April 12th 2012), and I am slated to take the M2 exit course with RTI on October 12th 2013, so essentially 18 months to the day. With that said, how anal is the ministry in that would they complain that if I got my M2 on April 12th 2012 I had to actually wait until a minimum of October 13th 2013? If so, I need to move my course now before the deadline is hit.

Note: I already emailed RTI about this, but wanted to see what others have heard/experienced here as well.

Thanks in advance (and feel free to move to New Riders, as I wasn't sure where to post a thread regarding getting a full M)

As I recall, my M2 exit was 18 months to the day...it was also the last day they were taking appointments that year (late Oct 2005). I think you're fine, if they ask you when you're booking it just tell them the date you got your M2, otherwise, say nothing. :D

I would think this is the same with the M1 test, as long as you hand it in after the 18 months, I'm not sure they would care. Also seeing that it's the matter of one day, I doubt anyone is going to squawk too loud over it.

Is it 18 months from when you actually got the M2 license? I passed the M2 test in April, but didn't take the form to the MTO until mid July. I guess I will have to wait 18 months from July not April right?

It's 18 since the class change (not the date of passing), and it has to be 18/18+ unlike the M2 (if you take the full M even a day early, it is deemed invalid). It is also 22 months if you didn't take a course to get your M2.

As for my case, I just called Service Ontario (RTI suggested this), and they confirmed that I am eligible to take the test on October 12th 2013, so I should be good to go. For reference, the phone number I was told to call was 416-235-2999 in case anyone else needs it.

Also seeing that it's the matter of one day, I doubt anyone is going to squawk too loud over it.

Depends on what....I've had a Safety declined on Day 37. Went to two offices and was told tough luck. Some things are in the system and can't be overridden.

Also seeing that it's the matter of one day, I doubt anyone is going to squawk too loud over it.

This is only valid for dealing with private businesses, not with the government. Return a product to a store past return date, cancel a hotel booking past a deadline, reschedule a private course on short notice - sure, they want to keep you happy. Government agencies have no such incentives and don't care if you hate them, it's not like you can post a negative review or something ;)

This is only valid for dealing with private businesses, not with the government. Return a product to a store past return date, cancel a hotel booking past a deadline, reschedule a private course on short notice - sure, they want to keep you happy. Government agencies have no such incentives and don't care if you hate them, it's not like you can post a negative review or something ;)

Gov't employees are unionized, but also they're under a s**tload of audit regulations. The ability to fudge the system = the ability to defraud taxpayers, the way a lot of their systems are coded. There are people with lousy attitudes, sure, but you can't blame everything on that.

(can't believe I'm defending the government!)

Back
Top Bottom