M exit question | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

M exit question

A couple of points. Keep in mind what Mad Mike said isn't going to make complete sense, because it's coming third hand, from one of the two sides involved. It's possible that his friends failed on points, or someone had to make an emergency stop/swerve to avoid them, we don't know. If you're consistently in the wrong lane/track, then you can accumulate many points. That's how my brother in law failed. Mike would need to include more information, before we can figure out what happened.

Ride your own ride. There is one observer and one driver in the vehicle behind. On the road side stop, you won't notice, but the driver will tend to stop quite a ways behind you to give you a good clear view of the traffic flow. You will be told to do something "when it is safe to do so", so your safety is on you. Wait until they've finished the instructions, then do you mirror and other checks, then go. They may ask you to change lanes when there are cars beside you, or coming up hard, so you always need to check.

A couple of points. Keep in mind what Mad Mike said isn't going to make complete sense, because it's coming third hand, from one of the two sides involved. It's possible that his friends failed on points, or someone had to make an emergency stop/swerve to avoid them, we don't know. If you're consistently in the wrong lane/track, then you can accumulate many points. That's how my brother in law failed. Mike would need to include more information, before we can figure out what happened.

Ride your own ride. There is one observer and one driver in the vehicle behind. On the road side stop, you won't notice, but the driver will tend to stop quite a ways behind you to give you a good clear view of the traffic flow. You will be told to do something "when it is safe to do so", so your safety is on you. Wait until they've finished the instructions, then do you mirror and other checks, then go. They may ask you to change lanes when there are cars beside you, or coming up hard, so you always need to check.
Is this the RTI Course or MTO test? My wife is taking her M this summer... wondering which is the best way to go. Sounds like some wording trickery was involved in Mad Mike's story...which I guess is a test of intelligence to follow instructions vs natural instinct. I'm glad I got my M when I did...sounds like things have changed quite a bit.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom