Low siding | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Low siding

New tire with mold flash still showing + your tire seems to be covered with light stone powder + a relatively smooth and worn/polished road could result in this. As you are breaking in a new tire you also have to remember that 100 km on a highway or local roads means just the center of the tread has the mold release worn off. The first time you lean it over aggressively you're on slippery new tire all over again. Were you accelerating relatively aggressively as well?

They recommend 29-29 psi. Seems a bit high for such a light bike to me.

I'm normally at 32psi.
It's weird how people respond but don't actually read the post. If I was leaning and or accelerating aggressively on really old tires, I wouldn't have to ask why I low sided, would I?

Sent from my Redmi 7A using Tapatalk

Settle down, Beavis.

I read your post. You crashed and you don't know why. You're running over recommended pressure. I'd run lower than that on a 340 lb. bike to get a bit more contact patch. Especially on harder compound tires marketed as high mileage. You asked the question. I gave my answer. You don't like it. Sorry, not sorry.

I've run lower pressures to improve traction, works way better if you are riding on gravel roads lots, it takes away that feeling like you're riding on ball bearings.

Settle down, Beavis.

I read your post. You crashed and you don't know why. You're running over recommended pressure. I'd run lower than that on a 340 lb. bike to get a bit more contact patch. Especially on harder compound tires marketed as high mileage. You asked the question. I gave my answer. You don't like it. Sorry, not sorry.
I wasn't referring to your post actually. I don't believe running 1 psi over recommended is going to cause a low side but I was asking and I'm not criticising your answer.
I think it was newish tires and polished pavement caused a fluky situation.

We can give you grief for not sliding your weight far enough forward that you made the rear wheel wash out, if you like ;)
... is that how it happened or did the front wash out?

Hahaha! Now you're just poking the bear!
Maybe I shouldn't have polished the tires so well

I blamed mine on too relaxed of a riding style. ... and the tires :LOL:

Don't sweat it, at least it wasn't' a high side and both you and the bike are fine. Could have been many things, small things or a combination of things at the right time, 2-4psi difference won't do anything, however, in the heat tires get alot more pressure. Just met a friend who has a TPMS and it was beeping like crazy showing 42psi, 10 above what he had it at before he left his house.

My guess is maybe A/C water on the road, everyone's got their A/C on full blast in their cars and leave their fluids all over the roads. If it hasn't rained for days, a little water makes things very slippery.

I remember taking an Uber in Vegas, and it rained after weeks, going home on the HWY all we saw car crash after car crash, from sliding off the road, to hitting each other, it was like a video game and the driver explained how slippery things get after a long time with no rain. We got out of the car, nearly slipped and fell, on tarmac lol, felt like black ice, and it was a 28c+ day

Just met a friend who has a TPMS and it was beeping like crazy showing 42psi, 10 above what he had it at before he left his house.
My new steed has TPMS and i'm kinda dreading it for this reason..i didn't want it but they didn't charge me for it. ?‍♂️

My new steed has TPMS and i'm kinda dreading it for this reason..i didn't want it but they didn't charge me for it. ?‍♂️

You can set the High/low for it and when you want it to beep, I think some you can just have them flash with no beep. I ordered one and am waiting, mainly for pressure loss vs increase

Yeah my TPMS was showing above my set limits in this heat. Little red light flashing not really annoying. Good for gas mileage tho.

You can set the High/low for it and when you want it to beep, I think some you can just have them flash with no beep. I ordered one and am waiting, mainly for pressure loss vs increase
stand alone unit? or what bike can you add it to?

stand alone unit? or what bike can you add it to?

s-l1600.jpg

That's the one I got, many like it. Stand alone, and valve caps go on your existing stems, add it to any bike. Have not recieved it yet, so cannot say how it works, though I feel they're all the same. I've never had one, though doing a tubeless conversion and cannot go below 19psi or the bead may pop, so just getting it as a pre-caution. It's Anti-Throw, thats the best feature

If you have a lot of coin to blow away, literally - FOBO Bike 2 Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (Black), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Amazon Canada
That just pairs with your phone, and no bulky unit on your dash

s-l1600.jpg

That's the one I got, many like it. Stand alone, and valve caps go on your existing stems, add it to any bike. Have not recieved it yet, so cannot say how it works, though I feel they're all the same. I've never had one, though doing a tubeless conversion and cannot go below 19psi or the bead may pop, so just getting it as a pre-caution. It's Anti-Throw, thats the best feature

If you have a lot of coin to blow away, literally - FOBO Bike 2 Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems (Black), Tire Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) - Amazon Canada
That just pairs with your phone, and no bulky unit on your dash
ah neat! mine is an oem system, hopefully i can squelch any noises, visual queues are enough.

Beware, there's an awful lot of spilled diesel on the roads around industrial areas. Not sure why but seems there's been a lot of truck drivers forgetting to put the cap on their fuel tanks after filling and they're spilling a lot of it on the road. I was really concerned over the past few days, and I'm going to be really paranoid if it rains. Rear wheel will slide out from under you with no notice. Be prepared.

I've managed a 180 with a little bit of sand from a stop on a right turn.
Also, did the splits once, stepping in some liquid on the street at a stop sign.

Where was this? I know there's a right turn going to the inlaws in Oakville where you can easily get the car tires sliding out. Road looks normal and dry but something with it is slippery and you don't know until your tires are squeeling. So there is totally a chance it's just ****** road condition

Back
Top Bottom