Loud Pipes = Pulled Over | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loud Pipes = Pulled Over

victorbrca

Site Supporter
Just wondering what setup may have got other members pulled over and/or ticketed?

I just installed a M4 slip on to a ZX6 and that thing is stupid loud. I have to shop for a second stage baffle ASAP.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I have a shorty Akra & I think I'm going deaf.
a9age5ut.jpg

Don't bounce it of the rev limiter in residential areas or cruise in 1st gear at 10,000 rpm. Shouldn't be a problem.

Race cans can be loud but you're kidding yourself if you think it compares to the earsplitting crap from an open pipe bike. Don't hoon on it in residential as the above poster commented.

Not my style. But even cruising at low RPMs that thing is really loud.

Sent from Tapatalk.

Not my style. But even cruising at low RPMs that thing is really loud.

Sent from Tapatalk.

I fail to realize the sensationalism of having loud pipes on street bikes....be it a Harley or SS.

Why?

is it "just 'cause!"?

I had a pretty loud M4 on my FZ6 for six years. Wasn't pulled over once for it, one cop even asked me what brand it was as he wanted one too.

Don't be an idiot and I'm sure you'll be fine.

I fail to realize the sensationalism of having loud pipes on street bikes....be it a Harley or SS.

Why?

is it "just 'cause!"?

It's because if you get it dyno tuned you can wring a bit more performance out of your vehicle when you're travelling at section 172 speeds. Also, because if you don't have time to go to school to learn how to be a doctor, nurse or EMT you can save lives everywhere you go by directionally blasting the healing power of Sonic Jesus into those behind you.

I have the M4 on my 1000 and yes it's loud. As stated, don't be a moron around town and you'll be fine.

It's because if you get it dyno tuned you can wring a bit more performance out of your vehicle when you're travelling at section 172 speeds. Also, because if you don't have time to go to school to learn how to be a doctor, nurse or EMT you can save lives everywhere you go by directionally blasting the healing power of Sonic Jesus into those behind you.

LOL This!!

I have an M4 shorty on my seven-fiddy and it's moderately tame in the city.

Sh*t gets real on the highway though...

braaaap!!

Last edited:
LOL This!!

I have an M4 shorty on my seven-fiddy and it's moderately tame in the city.

Sh*t gets real on the highway though...

braaaap!!

+1. Just had a cop pull In beside me.me . today and he said it sounded nice. Good thing it wasn't off the highway lol

[video=youtube;xGyKBFCd_u4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGyKBFCd_u4[/video]

My unbaffled Arrow exhaust got me a stern talking-to tonight. Copper was all like "You scared the bejesus out of me when you went by" I was all like "Should've been paying attention!"

Back
Top Bottom