LOST Bike Keys | GTAMotorcycle.com

LOST Bike Keys

If you can physically remove one of the locks (seat, tank, ignition) take it to a reputable locksmith and they should be able to make a new one.
Check some of the other threads on GTA, you'll find some that will come and do it at your house, but it costs.

Your in trouble if your bike has an immobilizer. Dealer visit. The FJR's keys are programmed to the bike.

Your in trouble if your bike has an immobilizer. Dealer visit. The FJR's keys are programmed to the bike.

Pretty sure the MT07 does't have the immobilizer. I think your FJR is same as my Tenere, need the magic red key to program, you're pretty screwed without it.

OP, call your local Yamaha store and see what's involved with getting the key code. Take the key code to a locksmith with a blank key, equals new key.

My bike did not have an immobilizer and it costed me $55 to get a copy, but I had one of the keys. You should expect a $200 minimun, or more if a locksmith comes to your house.

I think your FJR is same as my Tenere, need the magic red key to program, you're pretty screwed without it.

Correct.
The dealer was pretty insistant in saying DO NOT LOOSE THE RED KEY!!

Where do you think you lost your keys ....did you have two keysets?

I found mine down the liners of the riding pants after turning the hotel room upside down.

When I unlocked cars and the keys not inside it was always in the liner of the big#ss purse.

If the bike needs a programmed key you can’t bypass.

Back
Top Bottom