loose screw shoots out from the back of a truck | GTAMotorcycle.com

loose screw shoots out from the back of a truck

LightningFresh

Riding on the 401 last week and I got behind a truck. Kept a good distance and decided to go around him. As I was about to complete my lane change, I see this thing flying straight at me. I tried maneuvering around it but it clipped my front end. Got a little freaked out but got back my composure quickly and continued my ride.

I didn't realize that it had taken out a good chunk of the left side of my front fender. WTF should I do? Do I bother going thru insurance? Or, just pay out of pocket? Can anyone recommend a local shop where I can order parts for my ZX?

Also, are there any aftermarket companies that make fenders that can withstand such a hit without breaking?

it happens. don't theres a point in going through insurance. You can probably pick up a new fairing for a few hundred bucks. A used one maybe for less online.

As far as I know, after market **** you get on ebay is weaker and less likely to stand up to something like that. best to get the OEM if quality if of concern to you.

Just replace the fender yourself and be thankful that it didnt hit you in the face while your visor was up

This is usually covered under Comprehensive (or All Perils) so that deductible would apply. It's not usually counted against you in your rating so the premiums should not be affected. But too many of these 'comp' types claims (x within 3 or 5 years) could cause comprehensive deductibles to be increased or the coverage being not offered on renewal.

Is the price of the repair significantly more than your deductible?

I completely agree with you Paul1000rr, 100 percent. Just really bummed that it happened.

I have priced out the part and it's not too bad even with the paint job. So, I won't bother with going thru insurance.

This incident is just reminder that riders & their motorcycles are vulnerable out there on the streets against anything and everything.

So keep your eyes open and ride safe y'all!

I think I got hit in the visor/arms/neck at least 30 times today riding on the 401. I thought it was raining.

I was driving my Ford Ranger pick up truck on HWY403 when all of a sudden something flew vertically from the sky and smashed my windshield.
The shatter was about half a foot across.

When that happened, a guy wearing a T-shirt and sweat pants was riding his matte black CBR600RR right in front of me.
Had that hit him... he would have been badly hurt or gone down!

I'm scared :(

When that happened, a guy wearing a T-shirt and sweat pants was riding his matte black CBR600RR right in front of me.
Had that hit him... he would have been badly hurt or gone down!

There are risks to riding squid especially at highway speeds which I'm sure riders are aware of and just willing to take that risk. Had a rock hit my knee pad going 80 and it still kinda hurt. It was either a rock or a bug that didn't splat...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom