Looking for track plastics | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for track plastics

stormcat

I'm switching my '05 600RR to track only and will need track plastics. Does anyone sell them pre-painted or are they all white or grey and have to be painted? Also, who has the best deals on them?

Cheers!

A while back, I was contemplating on tracking my gsx-r and came across DUA for bodywork.
They are local and apparently their bodywork is top notch.
They can pre-paint them for you at an additional cost and I think they only carried basic colors. i.e. red, black, white, etc.
http://www.duamotorsports.com/index.php/en/procuts-eng/bodywork-eng

If you decide to buy them and have them painted yourself... for the love of God, don't spray bomb them.

A while back, I was contemplating on tracking my gsx-r and came across DUA for bodywork.
They are local and apparently their bodywork is top notch.
They can pre-paint them for you at an additional cost and I think they only carried basic colors. i.e. red, black, white, etc.
http://www.duamotorsports.com/index.php/en/procuts-eng/bodywork-eng

If you decide to buy them and have them painted yourself... for the love of God, don't spray bomb them.

wish I could find some pricing

I found mine on the old Wera board. Their classifieds board isn't what it used to be but worth having a look to see if you can find some used ones. I got an amazing deal on a set already painted.

they are sold from a canadian guy but made in china.

Assuming that everything out of china is junk is very short sighted. The DUA stuff is top notch and so is the AB that is also made in China.

If you want super fancy painted fairings you can ask Auctmarts1 on ebay or http://www.auctmarts.com and they'll make you a set of bodywork without the headlight, brake light and signal holes. They do complete custom paint for no extra charge, or they have an insane amount of ready to go designs. Make sure you remind them to throw in some free heat shields.

-Jamie M.

If you want super fancy painted fairings you can ask Auctmarts1 on ebay or http://www.auctmarts.com and they'll make you a set of bodywork without the headlight, brake light and signal holes. They do complete custom paint for no extra charge, or they have an insane amount of ready to go designs. Make sure you remind them to throw in some free heat shields.

That is the Chinese stuff you want to avoid.

That is the Chinese stuff you want to avoid.
Have you had the auctmarts stuff? I've installed two sets for people and they are the best out of the chinese stuff.

-Jamie M.

-Jamie M.

plastic race fairings......let me know how that works out

Jamie, you don't want to use ABS bodywork on the track, whether OEM or otherwise. That's for street bikes. There are good reasons why you want to use fiberglass - not ABS.

So $750 for auctmarts stuff or $750 for squidskins, pretty easy choice.
Squidskins comes fully painted/decal'd?

Jamie, you don't want to use ABS bodywork on the track, whether OEM or otherwise. That's for street bikes. There are good reasons why you want to use fiberglass - not ABS.
Can you let me know why? I run OEM on my bike and track it, why is fiberglass so much better?

-Jamie M.

Same reason why you have to tape your lights (other than the illumination) it breaks into pieces. And no I'm sure you still need to paint squidskins.

ABS shatters and explodes when it cracks. Fibreglass wears thru, crushes, and stays together even after a crash.

None of the aftermarket fiberglass race fairings come painted. Some come "one colour" with the pigment in the mould but that's the extent of it.

Fiberglass fairings are lighter than ABS.
Fiberglass generally doesn't splinter into a million pieces in a crash. ABS cracks and breaks, and the resulting pieces can have sharp edges. (This is particularly true if the blend of ABS that is being used is not the greatest quality ... and anything that comes from China, comes with a big fat question mark in this regard.)
Fiberglass parts are user-repairable without too much difficulty. ABS is very difficult to repair and bring to a condition comparable in strength and appearance to new.
If you are going racing, there is a tech requirement that the lower fairings have to retain the engine's fluids (oil and coolant). OEM-style fairings do not allow for this.
The proper race-kit bodywork won't have the headlight holes, or the holes for the turn signals, or reflectors, or passenger seat, etc.

The fairings on my track bike have been crashed on and fixed (by me) at least 5 times.

I will grant that a large reason in the past to use fiberglass fairings, is that they were much less expensive than the OEM plastics. That's still true, but the made-in-China ABS fairings change this. Fiberglass fairings will still be lighter and easier to fix after a crash.

Back
Top Bottom