Looking for this item, where to find | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for this item, where to find

sburns

Hey gang,

One of my aftermarket pipes has an internal rattle and I need to remove the baffle to take a look at it. I found this video online which they made the tool out of some parts but I am not sure where to find this hook item. The hook is attached to a threaded rod (not to clear in the photos).
I have tried Brofasco and Princess Auto, no luck.

Here is the link to the video if you want to see it.

Any ideas?

hoook tool 2.png

in the princess auto dent puller kit is a hook like that, but not sure its sold separate. just weld a bent wire onto a nut and stick in on a threaded rod.

If you don't have a welder , and any welder will charge a few bucks to stick anything together . take a pcs of stiff wire , wrap it around the threaded rod and then put a nuts on the rod to clamp the wire so it doesn't fall off inside the pipe and get it done.

The slide hammer kit at Princess Auto includes that piece. Seems like the slide hammer rod was too short and all they did was replace it with a longer threaded rod.

Or you can try Home Depot and see what kind of hooks they have. Hopefully in the same thread pitch as the rods they also sell.

Are you absolutely sure you need a tool?

Take out the screws, spray some wd40 around the seam, get some grippy gloves on and twist and pull it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you absolutely sure you need a tool?

Take out the screws, spray some wd40 around the seam, get some grippy gloves on and twist and pull it

I tried and it’s in there really tight. I managed to get it pulled a couple of inches with what I had. I actually broke one of my screwdrivers. I was expecting it to loosen up, but nope.

Sent from the Moon!

The slide hammer kit at Princess Auto includes that piece. Seems like the slide hammer rod was too short and all they did was replace it with a longer threaded rod.

Yes I checked the comments in the video and they mentioned it. The kit it about $130. I can’t justify that expense for this.

Sent from the Moon!

If you don't have a welder , and any welder will charge a few bucks to stick anything together . take a pcs of stiff wire , wrap it around the threaded rod and then put a nuts on the rod to clamp the wire so it doesn't fall off inside the pipe and get it done.

Nah no welding gear, but I might need someone once I get it pull if a metal tab is broken. Hopefully it's just some screws came loose, I hope, fingers crossed.

try the big box stores and look for a hook for like a light/lamp, not sure if those will be strong enough.

but it does not seem to be anything specific, seems all you really need is the end to have a hook, you could grind the rod a bit and bend it into a hook as well...
Hmm yes grinding soemthing might work.

That hook isn’t very big. Why not just put a nut on the threaded rod and try to catch the baffle on the edge of the nut to pull it out.

I tried and it’s in there really tight. I managed to get it pulled a couple of inches with what I had. I actually broke one of my screwdrivers. I was expecting it to loosen up, but nope.

Sent from the Moon!

The only thing similar to a hook around the house that I can find is at the end of a poker that is part of my fireplace set.

Let me know if you want to borrow it. I can take some measurements if you’d like.

3a178d8a08c1f737f8e392b075b58bd6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heat makes things expand, cold makes things contract ;) shove a free-zee pop up your hot exhaust pipe for a while.

Heat makes things expand, cold makes things contract ;) shove a free-zee pop up your hot exhaust pipe for a while.

Oh Trials I like your ideas suggestions, but not for this one

Sent from the Moon!

Hook the end of a threaded rod by heating it up and bending it.

The only thing similar to a hook around the house that I can find is at the end of a poker that is part of my fireplace set.

Let me know if you want to borrow it. I can take some measurements if you’d like.

Thanks @Robbo (y) I will keep it in mind. For now I will just keep the stock pipes on while I explore some solutions.

That hook isn’t very big. Why not just put a nut on the threaded rod and try to catch the baffle on the edge of the nut to pull it out.
For some reason the baffle is not hollow all the way through, about 7 inches in, there is something purposely blocking the inner part of the baffle. So the only thing I can hook onto in there, is one of the holes of the outer part. ?‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom