Looking for relatively new riders in Scarborough/Markham | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for relatively new riders in Scarborough/Markham

OK, so let's kick this pig! A beginner's ride, but what does it look like? I'll organize to the best of my ability, but I'm hoping others will chime in.

Hello I’m also in the Scarborough area Thompson park brimley and Lawrence area if anyone wants to go for a boot , I’m down to ride this Canada day weekend if anyone would like to organize a small group for today ? Or upcoming
02 Yamaha r6 yzf

Ok, so how about meet for coffee somewhere in the east end/Beaches. Saturday afternoon, say 2pm? I don't know the area too well, so if someone proposes something that's fine by me. Maybe even a quick boot in town? But def plan something long distance for later.

If i get out of the dealership fast enough on Saturday i may drop in to say hi! Need to get the break in mileage over and done with. :devilish:

If you guys are relatively new riders then I would recommend to keep the group size not more than 5 (better 4) riders. I'm a relatively new rider too and speaking from my experience with previous group rides.

Also, because most likely it would be the first time when you meet/ride together and no one knows each other riding skills/style, I would recommend doing "organized ride". I.e. a classical and safe ride when everyone follows rules..

In addition, it would be helpful if people who never participated in group rides read/watch videos about group ride rules/tips. Just basic things, like what a leader should do, hand signs, hwy riding/lane change, what sweeper does, etc. Ideally, the leader and sweeper should be more or less experienced (in group rides) riders. And it really helps if the sweeper in wears high vis gear/helmet. Better keep it safe than be sorry.

If you guys plan to meet at some point on weekdays then I would drop in and say hi (weekends mostly occupied with family stuff).

@Evoex, do you know if Kawi/2nd Cup Wednesdays are happening this year? I didn't check it this year..

@Evoex, do you know if Kawi/2nd Cup Wednesdays are happening this year? I didn't check it this year..
doubtful, i know most of the regulars and i don't think they've been. i'm open to having an iced cup of joe starting next week if there's interest.

doubtful, i know most of the regulars and i don't think they've been. i'm open to having an iced cup of joe starting next week if there's interest.
I think it's a good idea. Looks like there is interest in local meetings and restrictions are much more relaxed now..

@roadrash, how about next Wed at 2nd Cup?

which 2nd cup location? I'm a fairly new rider, ive got a 250cc cruiser and can meet up for a ride
Leslie and York Mills.

I'll bump the thread.

If you guys are relatively new riders then I would recommend to keep the group size not more than 5 (better 4) riders. I'm a relatively new rider too and speaking from my experience with previous group rides.

Also, because most likely it would be the first time when you meet/ride together and no one knows each other riding skills/style, I would recommend doing "organized ride". I.e. a classical and safe ride when everyone follows rules..

In addition, it would be helpful if people who never participated in group rides read/watch videos about group ride rules/tips. Just basic things, like what a leader should do, hand signs, hwy riding/lane change, what sweeper does, etc. Ideally, the leader and sweeper should be more or less experienced (in group rides) riders. And it really helps if the sweeper in wears high vis gear/helmet. Better keep it safe than be sorry.

If you guys plan to meet at some point on weekdays then I would drop in and say hi (weekends mostly occupied with family stuff).

I took your sage advice and watched a group riding video which echoed something that resonated with me: Ride your own ride. Riding to Mono today, it was just about a mystic realization...

When I got back into riding in 2017 on a 2002 Ninja 600 ZXR I would go out with my hothead neighbour and his buddy on their brand spanking new R3's for a quick hop to the Beaches and whatnot. I was no saint with speeding back in the day, but even in my youth you wouldn't catch me doing 70 km/h on a Metropolitan Toronto street. Cya at the next light. One member on this site commented on the origins of handles -- mind should have been "Third." Ride your own ride....

They were still working on their full 'M's (and still are). Neighbour recently got impatient and avaricious and got himself a 600 CBR, taking a loss on his R3. Has dropped the R3 and CBR a half-doz times combined... Bad luck? Arrogance...? Ride your own ride...

Today, the tao of it all set in... I don't think I've ridden my own [returning] ride yet, so I was probably premature in seeking a group ride with others on this site -- my apologies. I'll peek in, but in the meantime I hope everyone rides their own ride. Peace!

Last edited:
You still can come to meets and meet a lot of amazing people! Covid messed up this season but before there were many good meets like desert Mondays and so on.. group rides are fun when you find people who ride with your pace and style. I was lucky to find a few people like this here on this forum and outside of it. In any way, I hope I will meet you at some point (maybe on one of those meets like 2nd cup?)

Enjoy riding and stay safe!

Haven't been on this for a while... Would like to meet up for rides and coffee...
UofT Scarborough area ... Riding a Yamaha Bolt bobber build

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom