Looking for a mobile tire change person | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a mobile tire change person

thegamb8

Looking for someone to come by and change the rear tire on my 2003 V Star 1100 custom. It has a puncture in it and has been sitting in the garage for over a year.

I have the replacement tire already.

I live in the Woodbridge area close to Islington and Rutherford Rd.

All the shops I had called before the pandemic hit were asking for at least $100 for a tow to the shop on top of the installation - understandable - but not in my budget unfortunately.

Don't have or don't know anyone who has CAA for motorcycles, unfortunately.

Thanks in advance.

I don't have CAA (been meaning to get it) or else I would let you use it.

Why not purchase CAA for yourself?
Instead of paying for a tow. Put that money to a year long membership.

Or
Anyone else on here willing to share their CAA?

I don't have CAA (been meaning to get it) or else I would let you use it.

Why not purchase CAA for yourself?
Instead of paying for a tow. Put that money to a year long membership.

Or
Anyone else on here willing to share their CAA?

Why not just send the OP $130....

CAA.jpg

Correct. I have no way of removing the wheel myself. I do have a jack but it’s hard to get the VStar on it because of the way the engine sits between the frame. A portion of the engine extends below the frame and makes the motorcycle to rock back and forth. obviously not a good or safe way to raise the motorcycle especially solo.

Might have to just go for the CAA if nothing pans out in the next couple of weeks. Are shops around the GTA still open for this sort of stuff?

Anyone that's still open is by-appointment-only; check online and/or phone them first.

Doesn't that bike have a center-stand? (edit: apparently not!)

If there is any solid place on the bike towards the back that you can sneak a pipe through such that it can support the weight of the bike, you can do that and then support the pipe on a couple of automotive jack-stands, one on each side. If that means removing cosmetic trim panels or other parts in order to get access to such a spot, so be it.

Can you get a pipe through from side to side underneath the swingarm towards the swingarm pivot?

I don't work on cruisers.

Last edited:
Correct. I have no way of removing the wheel myself. I do have a jack but it’s hard to get the VStar on it because of the way the engine sits between the frame. A portion of the engine extends below the frame and makes the motorcycle to rock back and forth. obviously not a good or safe way to raise the motorcycle especially solo.

Might have to just go for the CAA if nothing pans out in the next couple of weeks. Are shops around the GTA still open for this sort of stuff?

How about one of these...currently on sale and you can remove the wheel yourself. This design will work for bikes that have a motor that sits below the frame (check out the Q&As on the PA website).

Check the lift specs and height clearance on your specific bike.

$60 + tax and free shipping

fac1d4c90832e5da265ecedc14e07641.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank Robbo. Definitely a good deal and seems like it would work with my setup. Unfortunately im not too mechanically inclined. I did look up YouTube and someone has a guide on how to get the rear wheel out, but im not comfortable doing it myself.

Might just get this stand for times when I deep clean the bike and its always a pain to get under.

I can pick it up and put in a tube and digitally balance it. I have been a licensed motorcycle mechanic for 25 years with a better equipped shop than many shops in business in the Toronto area. I have created technical training at 3 motorcycle manufacturers and trained many technicians across Canada. Most find me through kijiji in south Scarborough. We can discuss details when you contact me. Expect maximum social distancing, no exception.

I can pick it up and put in a tube and digitally balance it. I have been a licensed motorcycle mechanic for 25 years with a better equipped shop than many shops in business in the Toronto area. I have created technical training at 3 motorcycle manufacturers and trained many technicians across Canada. Most find me through kijiji in south Scarborough. We can discuss details when you contact me. Expect maximum social distancing, no exception.

Thank you. If I figure out the towing situation I'll contact you. Im in Woodbridge so it's a little far otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom