Looking for a good towing company | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a good towing company

Nothing cheaper than CAA if you have a bike/bicycle.

If it's just a car, CTC might be better because it cvbers the car and anyone who drives it. If you drive a lot of different cars, you can get CAA or TD Auto Club. TD is a bit obscure, but it comes free with some credit cards. It's more convenient and faster than the two other options because youre not locked into their drivers -- call anyone for help then submit a claim.

For pay as you go with bikes toy hauler/inferno buster or moto limo. If you want a subscription, I dont know of anything better/cheaper than CAA.
I've had caa for 5 years and used once to bring home my wife's bike after purchase and it mysteriously wouldn't start.

Wonder if long run, it'd be more economic to just use on demand service. Probably true for my past statistics but there's always what ifs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I've had caa for 5 years and used once to bring home my wife's bike after purchase and it mysteriously wouldn't start.

Wonder if long run, it'd be more economic to just use on demand service. Probably true for my past statistics but there's always what ifs.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Statistically pay as you go should be cheaper as CAA needs to make a profit.

With the extreme dodginess of the tow truck industry, CAA protects you from predatory roadside rates that could easily match what you've paid CAA for the past 5 years in a single trip.

I had used Moto Limo on two previous occasions, this time for a 200 Km tow they quoted me a ridiculous $600.
Ended up using CAA.
You may wish to check these ...........

Motorcycle Transport GTA & Surroundings
647 937 1680

www.TheToyHauler.ca
416 970 4060.

Motorcycle Towing, Transport & Worldwide Shipping | Roadside Rescue - Toronto, GTA, Ontario - MotoLimo
416-651-2424

Vehicle Shipping Across Canada & to the US | TFX International
416-243-8531

How To Ship A Motorycle | Motorcycle Shipping Walkthrough
(888) 257-6299

bilberryfreight.com/request-a-quote/
1-866-824-3138

Good Luck,
CJ

One of my buddy had a mishap up North just south of Rosseau. His CAA membership only covered 225 or 250 kms. I used mine to get his bike back to Toronto as I had 1 tow of 325 kms. Without CAA, the tow cost was quoted at $1500 (including tax).

If you have Two wheels, get CAA. One tow will cover years of premium.

Statistically pay as you go should be cheaper as CAA needs to make a profit.

With the extreme dodginess of the tow truck industry, CAA protects you from predatory roadside rates that could easily match what you've paid CAA for the past 5 years in a single trip.
Very well said.

I'm surprised nobody has suggested costco. I haven't used the service in a few years (I drive a toyota truck now, no roadside needed), but I got significantly better coverage from them than I ever got with CAA, for about half the price (and I had family working for CAA as well!)

Does costco still do roadside assistance? If so, I'd highly recommend that.

CAA lets you join and then immediately ask for a tow. Even works for motorcycle as you can upgrade your basic to advance if you already have a membership. I know this because that is how I started my basic - locked out of car - others were asking 5x of annual CAA membership.

5 years later motorcycle clutch cable broke, and I became an advanced member....

So, you can go without a membership till you first need of a tow.

CAA lets you join and then immediately ask for a tow. Even works for motorcycle as you can upgrade your basic to advance if you already have a membership. I know this because that is how I started my basic - locked out of car - others were asking 5x of annual CAA membership.

5 years later motorcycle clutch cable broke, and I became an advanced member....

Be careful with that game. It doesn't always work out.

from CAA terms and conditions
Towing or service is not available if the vehicle is not insured or is inoperable prior to purchasing a Membership

There is a $50 “Join on Arrival’ fee for new Primary Members requiring immediate service. New Primary Members joining at time of breakdown will be eligible for Basic service and up to 5 km towing, regardless of Membership type purchased

If you choose to upgrade your Membership coverage, the applicable roadside benefits will become active, 48 hours after purchase. Service within the first 48 hours of upgrading with be offered with Basic coverage only, any additional costs will be at the Member’s expense.

Your membership won't upgrade till after 24 hours of having it. I know somebody that works for CAA and couldn't help me when my friend dropped my bike in a parking lot and broke the clutch leaver. Ended up rented a homedepot truck + a plank of wood, and got it home that way :)

Way cheaper then finding a tow at that point :p

Had CAA for many years. Works most of the time. Had 2 wait times upto 5 hours. ! was in the car and I could see the car stealership from where I was. The other time I was on the bike in Stoney Creek. Single road. one up one down. Had to call the police as it was getting dark and dangerous. Police where very helpful. The residents where so so nice. They went out of their way to make sure I was ok. Brought out food, water. Other than CAA`s wait time it was not so bad. Another experience. C`est La Vie.

I used it a few weeks back, signed up and had to wait 48hrs to use it. They have an online request thing now, don't even need to call, shows the drivers available like uber and tracks them even to the tow destination with updates.

Just to add my 2 cents. A buddy got his bike seized near algonquin for 50 over. About 225 km from toronto. We drove about an hour one day to pick it up and decided to call the tow company to make sure they were open, and guess what, they were not.

I remembered I had caa premium and I said fak it, ill use up one of my 5 tows and I got his bike brought home on a FLATBED to his door and didnt have to waste one more second of my time.

How much do you think Toy hauler/moto limo would have charged. lol?

They is a holding period if you sign up to prevent you from cherry picking their service ( using it same day).

I have a old car and a bike so if I need a 300 km tow I am covered.... They are pretty much useless in my experience in the winter for fixing flats or coming out in a timely fashion.

However, for the number of years I have been a member I could have had a gold plated tow to Florida...

BB

Last edited:
I have CAA for many years now. I think I used them maybe 10-12 times over the last 5 years. 2 times for my bikes. I always asked for flatbed because it my car was too low for a regular tow truck. A couple of times I had to wait for more than an hour and once I waited for 2 hours or so (remote location near some race track).

I'm still very happy with them and renew my membership every year (even though I sold that race car which required tows from time to time). It's nice to know that I can call them and get help at any time. Btw, right now they send you a link to track the tow truck in almost realtime. You can see where it is and be ready when it will come.

Back
Top Bottom