Looking for a 4cylinder “sport” bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking for a 4cylinder “sport” bike

Alderson

Hey everyone,
I’m getting back into riding and was hoping to get some suggestions on which bike to choose.

I’ve owned a CBR500R and a GSXR600 before.
I really love the sound that the GSXR600 and other 4 cylinder bikes make and would love for my next bike to have a similar sound if possible.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a sports bike, but I would also like a bike that still has more power to it than what my CBR500 had.

Was just wondering if there’s any bikes you guys can recommend I look into.

I've been looking at cbr600f4i (or vfr800, fz09, z1000) as potential next bike or in addition to suzuki gladius that I currently have, personally.

I've had cbr600rr and miss it sometimes.

For naked and more recent, z900 looks pretty nice.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Quite a range from a 4 cyc SS which I can't comment on other than check your insurance...
to a sport tourer version. ( best bang for the buck there might be s CBF1000 )
Basically double what you've got going with the CB500 - decent price

$_59.JPG

The CBF1000 and your machine are both based around elements of the Fireblade engine.

Last edited:
Look carefully at insurance. You may find that you get just as many smiles for much less than half the insurance by picking a naked bike instead of a sport bike.

If you liked the cbr500r, perhaps a cbr650r (sport) or cb650r (naked) ? Would be cheaper on insurance than an ss and still give you that 4 cylinder sound you are looking for, with respectable performance.

Fz1 or the new mt-10 might work...as would the old honda 919.
Depends on what you consider sport I guess...these ones have comfy upright ergos.

I dig the FZ1 suggestion made by bigpoppa. Should be able to buy a nice 2nd gen for $4000-4500. That’s a lot of bang for the buck.

Way less even. I sold my '07, high mileage, but mint otherwise, for $2600 last year. I think the insurance prices for litre bikes has completely killed the market.

Hey everyone,
I’m getting back into riding and was hoping to get some suggestions on which bike to choose.

I’ve owned a CBR500R and a GSXR600 before.
I really love the sound that the GSXR600 and other 4 cylinder bikes make and would love for my next bike to have a similar sound if possible.

It doesn’t necessarily have to be a sports bike, but I would also like a bike that still has more power to it than what my CBR500 had.

Was just wondering if there’s any bikes you guys can recommend I look into.
So far the responses seem to be the poster's favorite bike. You will get better advice if you paint a picture of what you're looking for. (huge difference between CB500 and a GSXR600 - one is for learners & mature riders, the other for riders looking for race track performance.)

Tell us what you intend to use the bike for - commuting, touring, weekend rides, track?
What is your budget?
Are you able to maintain an out of warranty bike?
Finally, tell us a little about your experience.

You will get some good recommendations.

I just search Kijiji and dream a little bit.

And dream a little more.

And then something speaks to me.

And I rationalize it in my head.

Make an inquiry and repeat until the stars align and I have the bike of my dreams.

And then I look at kijiji again........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Way less even. I sold my '07, high mileage, but mint otherwise, for $2600 last year. I think the insurance prices for litre bikes has completely killed the market.
Try an FZ10, was quoted $25/month more then my FZ09.

The only 4-cylinder motorcycle I'd ever own:

2019-ducati-panigale-v4-r-10.jpg

Probably won't make that inline-4 sound you're looking for though...
Absolutely! With a lottery win, i would buy two,one would be mounted on a wall and the other would get thrashed (if a 66 yr old can do that) every day.

Back
Top Bottom