Loan me a loading ramp for a 12 pack? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Loan me a loading ramp for a 12 pack?

I have a trifold ramp you can use if you want but I’m in Hamilton so I’m not sure if that is convenient. If you want to use it send me a pm and we can sort it out. I’m usually home around 7 pm and I also don’t need payment just please bring the ramp back lol.

I have one near Arden if that helps,
might even be kinda sorta on the way if you are headed for Gatineau.

Waterloo here.

I am thinking georgetown would be the easiest 172driver, would the ramp be suitable for loading a bike in and out of a cube van? I am headed out to mississauga on wednesday would it be alright if I swung by wednesday? I would have it for more than two days. I plan to pick up the bike sunday and then can drop it off whenever you're available after then.

Also as a thank you to everyone who offered - Does anyone want a free KMC 110L standard chain with a clip link? Brand new open box

sounds sketchy, but depending on what you need to load. I bought a plank of thick and cheap lumber @ home depot and used it as a ramp, worked well. It flexed a little, but the bike wasn't sitting on the ramp for long or anything so...

I am thinking georgetown would be the easiest 172driver, would the ramp be suitable for loading a bike in and out of a cube van? I am headed out to mississauga on wednesday would it be alright if I swung by wednesday? I would have it for more than two days. I plan to pick up the bike sunday and then can drop it off whenever you're available after then.

Also as a thank you to everyone who offered - Does anyone want a free KMC 110L standard chain with a clip link? Brand new open box
What cube van doesn't come with a ramp or lift?

Thumbs up to all that offered to help OP. Now that the snow is out, it's nice to see the helpful side of GTAM, not just bitching/trolling until spring.

sounds like you have it worked out OP
good luck

hate to be that guy, guy gotta ask
you're not planning on riding up the ramp?

and you're far better off with a ramp than a plank
biggest issue with a plank is the handlebars end up 7 ft in the air at the top
and your feet are still on the ground

can be done with 2 people and a decent ramp
3 is better

I'd take that chain in a heartbeat, how can I get you some money for transporting it.

Use a tie strap to secure the ramp to the vehicle so it can't slide away.
With a big bike that has limited ground clearance the more level the ramp can be positioned the easier it will be,
small bikes with lots of ground clearance are way easy (y) safe journey.

good luck

3 is better
PA sells an aluminum bracket you can bolt to a 2X8 that makes a great ramp.
KW6aU7l.jpg

Last edited:
I'd take that chain in a heartbeat, how can I get you some money for transporting it.

Use a tie strap to secure the ramp to the vehicle so it can't slide away.
With a big bike that has limited ground clearance the more level the ramp can be positioned the easier it will be,
small bikes with lots of ground clearance are way easy (y) safe journey.
Done just send me your address and ill mail you it

good luck

3 is better

actually im trying to see if my bro will lend me his truck and I will just rent a uhaul bike trailer, seems to be the best way

Uhaul bike trailers are decent...and certainly safer than trying to push a bike up a ramp into a vehicle it only marginally fits into (much less including the people on/around it) to begin with.

Just inspect the trailer stem to stern before accepting it. Make sure it's actually up for the trip - tires, lights, suspension, securement straps, etc. They've stepped up the game with their equipment in the last 4-5 years since the embarassing exposes about their junk, but they're still far from perfect - some of the stuff I've seen there over the years (some with fresh safety inspection stickers) has been a real headshaker.

And don't be tempted to tarp the bike or anything for the ride home if the weather is bad. A flapping tarp will damage paint and anything else it's touching underneath. Road grime and snow/salt/slush/whatever doesn't look great on a bike, sure...but it all comes off with a power washer when you're home.

Where are you, and where are you going to?

I'm in Georgetown as well. You are welcome to mine. I have a canyon dancer strap, and a bunch of ratchet and pull straps if needed.

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

You are free to use my trailer.
It's 4X8 and pretty low off the ground.
I am in Milton

The ramps in the picture are not mine but I can see with my neighbor if I can borrow them again..

It has a 2" hitch ball mount

Let me know

IMG-4888.JPG

Thumbs up to all that offered to help OP. Now that the snow is out, it's nice to see the helpful side of GTAM, not just bitching/trolling until spring.
No, clearly you've mistaken something. OP is offering the 12 pack which people want to help them gt through the winter :ROFLMAO:

While it is true about the handle bars are up in the air, I've usually done it with a ligher bike, (been doing it with a sub 200lb bike previously and most recently, with my sv. the sv was a bit harder, but was the quickest solution and reasonably priced not having to pay couple hundred for a 10km tow

I am still trying to figure out the best option, the trailer would be the best however my brother said he needs his truck every day. I am looking into renting a truck from discount because they have unlimited km options. The second option which would be the easiest because the bike is in quebec, is to use my airmiles to fly to mtl rent a 15' uhaul and load it in and out with the ez ramp. As you can see, I am still not sure what I am going to do. What do you guys think about putting the bike in a uhaul box truck? In terms of securing it I mean

damn all the rental companies remove their hitch attachments for liability reasons. Looks like I may have to put it in a uhaul box truck, It would be cheapest to do a cube van with a ramp though and drive to and from with unlimited kms. I am all over the place on this one trying not to spend a fortune. What do you guys think? its a sport bike so pretty small and light.

Last edited:
I am still trying to figure out the best option, the trailer would be the best however my brother said he needs his truck every day. I am looking into renting a truck from discount because they have unlimited km options. The second option which would be the easiest because the bike is in quebec, is to use my airmiles to fly to mtl rent a 15' uhaul and load it in and out with the ez ramp. As you can see, I am still not sure what I am going to do. What do you guys think about putting the bike in a uhaul box truck? In terms of securing it I mean

You will need somewhere low to attach your ratchet straps to, ideally d-ring's in the floor at the very front to pull the front wheel against the front wall of the van. I haven't been in a cube van in a while but if the attachements are on the wall that's a problem. Basically you need to suck the front end down and forward against something and the bike won't move. I would be very careful with the ramp that's on cube vans as they can be super slick but yes that works.

Back
Top Bottom